Input Lag / Desync only on one computer

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.

xShino

Re: Input Lag / Desync only on one computer

Post by xShino » 28 Dec 2021, 05:48

I just wanted to add that I also have this problem since I got a new computer. The mouse feels worse even on desktop only. I even got a completely other PC with different parts and manufacturers but the issue was never gone.

I have only learned that a borrwed GTX 1080 Ti feels better than RTX 2060 or RTX 2070 Super. Other than that I think the native USB 2.0 (EHCI) might feel better than XHCI. I've tested a USB 2.0 PCI USB card though but it sucked, my mouse wouldn't even get up to 1000 hz and was stuck at about 900 hz.

So yeah, I think "Got a new PC and input lag appeared" is not that rare of a case unfortunately.

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 31 Dec 2021, 15:12

xShino wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 05:48
I just wanted to add that I also have this problem since I got a new computer. The mouse feels worse even on desktop only. I even got a completely other PC with different parts and manufacturers but the issue was never gone.

I have only learned that a borrwed GTX 1080 Ti feels better than RTX 2060 or RTX 2070 Super. Other than that I think the native USB 2.0 (EHCI) might feel better than XHCI. I've tested a USB 2.0 PCI USB card though but it sucked, my mouse wouldn't even get up to 1000 hz and was stuck at about 900 hz.

So yeah, I think "Got a new PC and input lag appeared" is not that rare of a case unfortunately.
Exactly, so many cases of "i got a new pc and now my mouse feels like crap". For me it started happening as early as switching from an old AMD Phenom II X4 with a generic motherboard with a single stick of 6 gb of ram and an old HD 6870, to an i7 4770k with an msi board, gtx 770 and 8 gb of ram (2x4), both systems on windows 7. I don't think it has anything to do with the gpu, i once tried taking it out, uninstalling the driver through DDU and using integrated graphics and the problem was still there. It could be a problem with dual-channel memory, maybe you need a motherboard with a native USB 2.0 controller since having USB 2.0 on newer motherboards are still working under 3.0 controllers. I couldn't even test my old pc because it broke down so i couldn't confirm any theories.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 31 Dec 2021, 16:30

akylen wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 10:42
I also want to add that when I activate the HPET, my pc is practically slow, I cannot even open a google chrome page without it lagging, or even playing, any idea where it could come from ?

Maybe there is something inside the new motherboards / processors that is subject to a voltage change that there is not on the old ones? I try to understand but the more I think about how and why, the less I find / understand.
If you have hpet activated on bios, then you have to turn it on also in windows or booth deactivated.

akylen

Post by akylen » 06 Jan 2022, 18:02

Still nothing with both disabled.

akylen

Post by akylen » 06 Feb 2022, 20:01

Still the same problem, I tried looking everywhere in the bios with scewin, deactivating, reactivating a lot of things and nothing worked, I even bought a pci ethernet card, to see if it came from there, but still the same problem, even with audio controller and lan controller in the bios deactivated, there for once, I really don't know why on two recent pc there are desyncs which make the games unplayable, and on an old pc, with that the motherboard and the cpu which change, there is no desync.

Dzekson22

Post by Dzekson22 » 18 Mar 2022, 12:27

new computer generates more EMI noise, you need an outlet with good grounding. Modern components draw more power, in addition, new motherboards have 13 phases

akylen

Post by akylen » 25 Apr 2022, 17:51

Small update, I found something that works for me so far, but it only solves the input lag problem but not the desynchronization problem.

So what I found is that when I downclock my graphics card on afterburner, the game tested, Valorant in this case, seems more responsive

I set "Power limit" to the max.

Central Clock -100
Memory Clock -100

However, still problems with desynchronization.

Anonymous27

Post by Anonymous27 » 26 Apr 2022, 01:07

akylen wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 17:51
Small update, I found something that works for me so far, but it only solves the input lag problem but not the desynchronization problem.

So what I found is that when I downclock my graphics card on afterburner, the game tested, Valorant in this case, seems more responsive

Central Clock -100
Memory Clock -100

Desync problems in Valorant are 99% network and netcode related.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 26 Apr 2022, 04:09

akylen wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 17:51

Central Clock -100
Memory Clock -100

You set the power limit of the fans to max ?