Input Lag / Desync only on one computer

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
akylen

Input Lag / Desync only on one computer

Post by akylen » 26 Nov 2021, 18:57

Hello, I am writing this message to you because I currently have a problem on one of my two PCs.

I have my best pc (the one with the most recent hardware, which runs all current games) which is victim of desync + input lag when I play in multiplayer, that is to say enemies who prefer more than usual , the hitreg which does not touch, and finally, is less fluid at the level of the mouse than my other older pc.

On the other hand, I have my other pc, which is older, which has difficulty running recent games, which is not a victim of the effects listed above. I don't really know if it could come from electricity or from a component because I can't really interchange them. I would like to have your opinion on the subject please.

Best pc =
i7-10700k
3070 FE
16 GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance C18 RGB Pro DDR4
MPG Z490 Gaming plus
EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ Gold 1000W
NVME 500Go
SSD 120Go

Older pc =
i7-3820
NVIDIA 1050 ti
16 GB G-SKILL 1600Mhz DDR3
ASUSTeK P9X79
(Dont know the psu)
Old HDD 930Go

Thanks.

akylen

Re: Input Lag / Desync only on one computer

Post by akylen » 27 Nov 2021, 07:10

For me, I can confirm that it is not from the internet connection, as I have already tried with the 4G of my phone, and bought a 4G card which I am encountering in a 4G router, and the same problems are still there.

The question I ask myself is that it could not also come from the power supply or the motherboard that I have surge protection or other concerning the electricity that protects it than the old pc but not the new one.

After that, I also know that it does not come from the game, because it happens on Valorant and Csgo, in any case.

Thank you for your answer anyway, very weird all that.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 27 Nov 2021, 07:47

1. Go to your desync PC BIOS and make sure that your RAM's CL set on 1, not 2 or 3.
2. If your RAM's CL is 1, then probably you have desync because of Realtek NIC card in your motherboard. Your old PC NIC card is Intel which have less problems with out of sync problems, prefires, etc.
3. PSU has nothing to do with desync.

akylen

Post by akylen » 27 Nov 2021, 08:05

@n1zoo Thanks, i will check that! that could be the Realtek NIC Card , good suggestion

@Blackmagic So if with your phone the ethernet is better and feels good , did you manage to fix your problem with that ? could the problem come maybe from your cable ethernet , have you tried another one, i guess yes ? could it be that your provider has some problems with the line that give you your ethernet ? have you called them to check the line if there is a problem ?

Pardon my poor english writing.

Thanks again for the answers! <3

akylen

Post by akylen » 27 Nov 2021, 10:01

n1zoo wrote:
27 Nov 2021, 07:47
1. Go to your desync PC BIOS and make sure that your RAM's CL set on 1, not 2 or 3.
2. If your RAM's CL is 1, then probably you have desync because of Realtek NIC card in your motherboard. Your old PC NIC card is Intel which have less problems with out of sync problems, prefires, etc.

So i tried to disable Lan Ethernet Controller via the bios , and connect my phone via usb to give ethernet , but the issue still remain.

As for the ram CL , I couldn't find where to change it, I just saw something marked "CR" which I changed to "N1" instead of auto, but it didn't change anything.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 27 Nov 2021, 21:41

n1zoo wrote:
27 Nov 2021, 07:47
Can you elaborate? CL1 would most of the time require a hefty increase to your DRAM voltage for it to be stable, specially if you're already running at XMP rated speeds and there was no headroom voltage "i.e. got the bottom half of your sticks' silicon lottery"! Besides, not all rams can function with CL1 at high frequencies. Not to mention motherboard issues! Why do you think this option is causing Desync?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

akylen

Post by akylen » 28 Nov 2021, 13:45

Little update : I tried with an old motherboard and another cpu to see if it would make a difference, but it didn't help

Ryzen 5 3600
B550M DS3H
1050 Ti

kunibert

Post by kunibert » 29 Nov 2021, 02:36

pwn wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 06:01
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
27 Nov 2021, 21:41

Can you elaborate? CL1 would most of the time require a hefty increase to your DRAM voltage for it to be stable, specially if you're already running at XMP rated speeds and there was no headroom voltage "i.e. got the bottom half of your sticks' silicon lottery"! Besides, not all rams can function with CL1 at high frequencies. Not to mention motherboard issues! Why do you think this option is causing Desync?
[pwn's rule violation post removed]
He is talking about Command Rate (CR) not the CL timings obviously...
And this is a questionable "fix" from some guy on Youtube, who claims that changing RAM Command Rate to 1T instead of the default 2T setting is the solution, to get rid of desync and hitreg issues in certain online games.
I'm not saying, that it cant have an influence, but try out yourself to see if it makes a difference for you.
On newer firmware versions of Motherboards this setting is now called 1N/2N/3N instead of 1T/2T.
Be aware that you'll probably have to temper with other RAM settings too (lower your RAM clock speeds or increase the DRAM voltage f.e.), because its not guaranteed to work (or even to boot up Windows) when you just change from 2T to 1T.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 29 Nov 2021, 02:59

kunibert wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 02:36
pwn wrote:
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:

He is talking about Command Rate (CR) not the CL timings obviously...
And this is a questionable "fix" from some guy on Youtube, who claims that changing RAM Command Rate to 1T instead of the default 2T setting is the solution, to get rid of desync and hitreg issues in certain online games.
I'm not saying, that it cant have an influence, but try out yourself to see if it makes a difference for you.
On newer firmware versions of Motherboards this setting is now called 1N/2N/3N instead of 1T/2T.
Be aware that you'll probably have to temper with other RAM settings too (lower your RAM clock speeds or increase the DRAM voltage f.e.), because its not guaranteed to work (or even to boot up Windows) when you just change from 2T to 1T.
Thank you for correcting me! The original post included the command rate as CL1 thats why my brain was fixated on that abbreviation.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 29 Nov 2021, 03:06

pwn wrote:
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:

No need to act like a guard dog Mr. We are all here to share experiences and to help, and from within my experience with a couple of ram sticks I discovered how easily using 1N instead of 2N needed a bump of about 0.05v on average.. And since XMP profiles already push your ram sticks towards the upper limit of its voltage tolerance you need to take care while adjusting this parameter by either lowering the frequency a bit, loosening the timings or have active cooling on your sticks..