Overclocking monitor for CS:GO. Problem with frame skipping

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Artorias

Overclocking monitor for CS:GO. Problem with frame skipping

Post by Artorias » 05 Dec 2021, 10:46

Hello! This is my first post about monitors in this forum.

The thing is I have a TV/monitor, a Philips 24pfl3017d/77, great TV and monitor, though now is little old. The monitor always worked perfect. Is 1080p and 60HZ

Recently I discovered I can overclock it, so I downloaded the CRU and now it's running at 115 HZ, with no problems. I asked if this forces a lot the monitor, and it does not as far as I'm concerned.

The thing is, when I play competitive CS:GO, sometimes it's freezes for a miliseg and the continuos working good. How can I solve this frame skipping? Someone told me about the drivers, abut if this doesnt work I have to "research" more the problem, and I have no idea.

What can I do?

Thank you.

xShino

Re: Overclocking monitor for CS:GO. Problem with frame skipping

Post by xShino » 28 Dec 2021, 05:53

Many years ago I did a similar thing, I set the HZ in CRU to 70 instead of 60 at a lower resolution - that's why I played 4:3 in CSGO. And I also did the frame skipping test and there was none.

I believe you just have to lower your HZ to find the sweet spot, I'm no expert though.