I FIGURED IT OUT! (After 2 years of trial and error)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
MegaMelmek

Re: I FIGURED IT OUT! (After 2 years of trial and error)

Post by MegaMelmek » 31 Dec 2021, 15:17

This lowering TDP is nice prove to me that something is wrong with electric. Sure its nor fix because its not finding the main issue but its prove that nothing is wrong with PC or internet.
I ask my provider for electrocity to change my meater. And after they change it i can say PC was working for 4h realy smooth. So there has to be some diference between my electric power and electric whats perfect for gaming. I think this interference is not comimg out of my appartment because its there even if i turn everything off and keep only PC.
Now i need somebody that is able to find these diference.

akylen

Post by akylen » 31 Dec 2021, 16:55

MegaMelmek wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 15:17
This lowering TDP is nice prove to me that something is wrong with electric. Sure its nor fix because its not finding the main issue but its prove that nothing is wrong with PC or internet.
I ask my provider for electrocity to change my meater. And after they change it i can say PC was working for 4h realy smooth. So there has to be some diference between my electric power and electric whats perfect for gaming. I think this interference is not comimg out of my appartment because its there even if i turn everything off and keep only PC.
Now i need somebody that is able to find these diference.
Personally what I would like to know is if it is the electricity which is given which is bad or if it is something which is supplied by the electricity which induces on the equipment.

Is it the electricity itself or something that is powered by electricity that does it.

Does everyone who has this problem have an electrical pole near their home? (really close to his home)

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 01 Jan 2022, 02:49

ridiculous, ur also using a laptop. can u even change tdp on desktop pcs

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 01 Jan 2022, 08:29

Can you report back soon if it stays fixed? Because I tried all the throttlestop stuff a year ago. It fixed it for awhile but guess what it always comes back. You can't defeat this demon. It will probably be back I will be waiting.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 01 Jan 2022, 09:36

woodyfly wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 02:49
ridiculous, ur also using a laptop. can u even change tdp on desktop pcs
Not the tdp directly but the PL depends on the board u using

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 01 Jan 2022, 12:17

Perhaps it's somehow connected with power factor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_factor

FearDRAG

Post by FearDRAG » 01 Jan 2022, 15:42

Hello,

It's almost been 3 days and I would like to report that the game is consistent as I had mentioned in the OP (Tested it not just in DM's but Unranked and even a Ranked games).

@akylen: Here, so basically I've disabled power limit control in the TPL menu, and changed the values of PL1 and PL2. Originally they were PL1- 45W and PL2- 107W, so I ended up changing them both to 45W and clamped them such that they don't exceed them. Here is the attached picture
TPL.png
TPL.png (215.18 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
Furthermore, since my laptop had Turbo boost enabled by default, I went into the FIVR menu and changed the Turbo Ratio Limits, all of them to 41, such that they give me a max of 4.1GHz on all cores without thermal throttling. Pic attached here:
FIVR.png
FIVR.png (315.88 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
@MegaMelmek It's all good mate, I can understand it gets very frustrating, been there myself lol. For me right now, its almost 3 days and it's still the way I had described in the OP, hope it stays the same way, fingers crossed.

@Thatweirdinputlag I guess you could do it that way, but for me the MoBo and BIOS is pretty tight, so I couldn't really do it that way.

@Wayzer Yeah bro, I'm aware of the massive peekers advantage issue that they had a year ago and they supposedly had fixed it but there was no improvement I could see through their patch. I do not think it is a ping (usually get 30-40ms) issue, could be possibly a game engine one??

@Unreazz I did it through Throttlestop 9.4

@MegaMelmek Hey again! Honestly I feel like components or the CPU in this context is taking way more power than it needs to and then doesn't know what to do with the excess, kinda like eating a crap ton of food and then not being able to swallow it only to end up choking.

@akylen As I mentioned in the OP, I live in the same building as one of my highly ranked (immortal) friends' (who also plays on a laptop) which gets the same electricity from the same transformer for the apartment complex. I had tried my laptop in various towns away ranging from 5 to 50km's and still saw no difference. Even tried many different ISP's (cable, dsl and now fiber). If it were an electricity problem, probably then I could safely assume the entire state should face it, because the supply is from one same company. If I were to make a guess, I'd say its something related to the way electricity interacts with the components more specifically power draw by each of them whether it's in excess or the opposite.

@woodyfly I couldn't really change it through the BIOS, there's Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility and Throttlestop that I'm aware of that can do so as of now.

@MontyTheAverage 3 days in, don't see it worsen in any way as of now. Hopeful that I never encounter this demon ever again, fingers crossed.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 02 Jan 2022, 06:26

It came back im sure after a while

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 03 Jan 2022, 20:42

MegaMelmek Hey again! Honestly I feel like components or the CPU in this context is taking way more power than it needs to and then doesn't know what to do with the excess, kinda like eating a crap ton of food and then not being able to swallow it only to end up choking.

I feel it same way because i spend some crazy money on UPS and there was again time limited improve so the issue is maybe in PC itself. Why is there again time limited improve when i choke my CPU and GPU thats real question. There is never improve when i dont touch some setings (even if try play at night time)

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 17 Feb 2022, 10:07

Hey bro im just here to mention that you are literally a god. i tested it out, even with the same numbers of yourse and it seems like that it gonna stabilize the MHz in the core clock a lot. there are no stutters anymore when i play games and overall it seems very smooth.

thanks for youre post mate.

i have a i7-7700K and put the same numbers like yours