Gaming OS = less input lag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
morelczi

Gaming OS = less input lag?

Post by morelczi » 02 Jan 2022, 20:33

Hello guys,

looking for custom ISO "gaming OS". I need it for Counter Strike Global Offensive and need to work with Faceit and ESEA anti cheats. Any suggestions, links? Many ppl told me that on this custom windows input lag is lower + fps boost.

thx in advance

WelcomeInNewWorld

Re: Gaming OS = less input lag?

Post by WelcomeInNewWorld » 03 Jan 2022, 00:57

Morelczi ? the former virtus pro player ? if it is you, you should have in your contacts the necessary people to optimize your computer.
The problem of an OS other than Windows is the security ... one thing is sure that for CSGO there has never been a better OS than Windows 7.

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 03 Jan 2022, 07:35

morelczi wrote:
02 Jan 2022, 20:33
Many ppl told me that on this custom windows input lag is lower + fps boost.

Its actually not. Don't try any "CUsTom MegaGamIng OS By ExPErt" it'll most likely mess with lotta settings, which you don't wanna mess with. And you can never be sure if someone put something "bad" in that custom OS cuz it's pretty easy to hide this stuff in custom builds. My brother tried like 3 or 4 custom OS builds and that was a horrible experience for him, honestly.
Just optimize your whole OS by some guides on youtube, fr33thy for example. He has a whole guide how to reduce input lag and optimize your OS for gaming etc.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 03 Jan 2022, 07:42

Wayzer wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 07:35
morelczi wrote:
02 Jan 2022, 20:33
Many ppl told me that on this custom windows input lag is lower + fps boost.

Its actually not. Don't try any "CUsTom MegaGamIng OS By ExPErt" it'll most likely mess with lotta settings, which you don't wanna mess with. And you can never be sure if someone put something "bad" in that custom OS cuz it's pretty easy to hide this stuff in custom builds. My brother tried like 3 or 4 custom OS builds and that was a horrible experience for him, honestly.
Just optimize your whole OS by some guides on youtube, fr33thy for example. He has a whole guide how to reduce input lag and optimize your OS for gaming etc.
It wouldn't do a thang about lag, already downloaded 9 customely customed oses for gamin and all of em have lag, it ain't about the os, its either electricity, hardware incompatibility issues or both

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 03 Jan 2022, 12:49

assombrosso wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 07:42
It wouldn't do a thang about lag, already downloaded 9 customely customed oses for gamin and all of em have lag, it ain't about the os, its either electricity, hardware incompatibility issues or both
Yea true, if we talk about this mysterious input lag that most people including me on this forum have. But for overall OS input lag reducing its good to optimize your system

Slender

Post by Slender » 03 Jan 2022, 16:33

revi os
/thread

slaver01

Post by slaver01 » 04 Jan 2022, 05:16

-Use Windows 7, even stock Win7 is a lot better than optimized windows 10.
-Install it as MBR
-Use Ntlite to debloat defender + bitlocker + superfetch
-If you really need windows 10, try to make dual boot, and play games on win7, use bloat stuff on win10.
-Do not use custom OS. Just install stock one, then debloat/disable every single thing you dont use.
-In general there are only few stuff you should do, you have to test them with min fps/smoothness. The ones makes the most difference are:
-Disabling idle states
-Disabling unnecesary services check here to what to disable https://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/
-Remove/uninstall every single thing you dont use
-Changing Interrupt affinities so that processos wont go into single core.

deama

Post by deama » 04 Jan 2022, 07:54

You can contact Fr33thy and let him set things up for you, if you don't mind paying a premium.

Slender

Post by Slender » 07 Jan 2022, 17:16

mbr = csm = inputlag a lot

Dzekson22

Post by Dzekson22 » 07 Jan 2022, 20:37

Duży wpływ na input lag ma jakość energi elektrycznej w twoim mieszkaniu (uziemnienie gruntowe jakość) i konfiguracja infrastruktury światłowodowej w twojej okolicy, linia biznesowa isp moze zmniejszyć opóżnienia. Ogladam czasami twoje streamy i widze ze masz problem z hitreg jest to wina połączenia internetowego.