Do these “Regedit Tweaks” really do something?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
FPSMaster

Re: Do these “Regedit Tweaks” really do something?

Post by FPSMaster » 14 Jan 2022, 14:30

Headglitch123 wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 13:44
FPSMaster wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 13:23
That's decent for being on the phone. Tell me what you get on PC when you have time. I have pretty bad reaction times in the morning and good at night...
I HAve around 180-250ms reaction time. It's nice to improve "human lag".
Highest was 209ms and lowest 169
Damn, that's pretty good. 👍

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 14 Jan 2022, 14:53

FPSMaster wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 14:30
Headglitch123 wrote:
FPSMaster wrote:
That's decent for being on the phone. Tell me what you get on PC when you have time. I have pretty bad reaction times in the morning and good at night...
Encounter a other issue, i have a aoc24g2u but i want to change the image ratio but its greyed out any fix, things looks zoomed in especially in fortnite

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 14 Jan 2022, 17:03

Headglitch123 wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 14:53
FPSMaster wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 14:30
Headglitch123 wrote:
FPSMaster wrote:
Encounter a other issue, i have a aoc24g2u but i want to change the image ratio but its greyed out any fix, things looks zoomed in especially in fortnite
Edit: idk if this is placebo but when im not connected to my network games feel smoother

yehaw

Post by yehaw » 14 Jan 2022, 18:37

Majority of the optimization guides people have to clue what they're doing on a ton of settings, including me. They're just copy/pasting what's been repeated in other optimization guides from years past. The entire scene is full of plagiarism and everyone essentially copy/pasting old guides. There is even drama in the scene of people shutting down long standing githubs because they were caught stealing, etc. If you look at lot of the guides, 99% are all the same content of commands and tweaks. Or you'll have one guy that has all the same tweaks, but with different values, because apparently his teaks "feel better" to him, etc.

The entire scene is a disaster and you have no clue who is right or wrong on anything because nobody really knows what half this stuff does, if it still even works anymore, does it even apply in say something like XP vs 11 (tons of these tweaks are from xp/7 era), if it's been deprecated, was it disabled/tweaked that way for a reason, does it causes some weird unknown glitch/bug, etc. There are just so many variables to tweaking this stuff.

Then you got these guys like freethy who claim right a the start he "only recommends tweaks he can test and show results for", then you watch his videos and it's literally littered with tons of tweaks where there is zero testing shown if it's a benefit or a con to tweak it to his recommended setting :lol: :lol:

Like all the network adapter tweaks that he claims improve hit reg and latency issues. What hit reg/latency issues? What the hell are these people talking about? The last time I had hit reg/latency issues was when I was on 3mbps DSL. I have not experienced hit reg or latency issues outside of when the servers themselves are the cause.

I think the majority of hit reg/latency complaints are just average players on wifi that don't understand the limitations of the technology and why it's not great for competitive gaming. Pair that with the average household having on average of 15 connected devices on a network with no proper QOS or bufferbloat protection, now enjoy millions of complaints of reg/latency issues.

Reminds me of the "roach" latency guide. Where the guy recommends disabling like 500 bios features including things like audio device , reg tweaks, etc - Then he does some DPC latency test that shows he improved his DPC latency from like 50μs to 20μs. Apparently the guy can feel a 0.03ms improvement in input lag ?

I'm sure there are tweaks that can improve latency, but the entire tweaking scene is filled with tons of misinformation, improperly tweaked settings, bad recommended settings that don't apply to all, etc. I always wish Microsoft would come out and publish some info to help tweak the OS better for gaming so we could do away with snake oil in the optimization/tweaking scene.

I've not bragging, but I've reached top 500 in OW in two seasons back when it was actually a good game, and consistently place in low Predator in Apex. I do 0 tweaks outside of the NVCP, besides disabling pointer precision and enabling a higher performance power profile. You think when CSGO pros go to a major they do 200 tweaks on the event PCs to be so good? Come on :lol: Your time is better invested in things that will actually work to make you better. Doing aim exercises, learning maps better, analyzing video of your mistakes to learn and not make those mistakes again, positioning better, learning strategies, etc. You know, things actual professionals do to improve.

I feel lots of these guides are targeted at low skill players that think these guides will take their play to the next level. It's almost the same way the kids ask some pro what sens/dpi they should use. They want a shortcut to be good or take their skill to the next level, but there is none besides practice and investing time to actually learn the game and not just use it for fun if you want to advance your play.

WelcomeInNewWorld

Post by WelcomeInNewWorld » 15 Jan 2022, 00:22

yehaw wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 18:37
Majority of the optimization guides people have to clue what they're doing on a ton of settings, including me. They're just copy/pasting what's been repeated in other optimization guides from years past. The entire scene is full of plagiarism and everyone essentially copy/pasting old guides. There is even drama in the scene of people shutting down long standing githubs because they were caught stealing, etc. If you look at lot of the guides, 99% are all the same content of commands and tweaks. Or you'll have one guy that has all the same tweaks, but with different values, because apparently his teaks "feel better" to him, etc.

The entire scene is a disaster and you have no clue who is right or wrong on anything because nobody really knows what half this stuff does, if it still even works anymore, does it even apply in say something like XP vs 11 (tons of these tweaks are from xp/7 era), if it's been deprecated, was it disabled/tweaked that way for a reason, does it causes some weird unknown glitch/bug, etc. There are just so many variables to tweaking this stuff.

Then you got these guys like freethy who claim right a the start he "only recommends tweaks he can test and show results for", then you watch his videos and it's literally littered with tons of tweaks where there is zero testing shown if it's a benefit or a con to tweak it to his recommended setting :lol: :lol:

Like all the network adapter tweaks that he claims improve hit reg and latency issues. What hit reg/latency issues? What the hell are these people talking about? The last time I had hit reg/latency issues was when I was on 3mbps DSL. I have not experienced hit reg or latency issues outside of when the servers themselves are the cause.

I think the majority of hit reg/latency complaints are just average players on wifi that don't understand the limitations of the technology and why it's not great for competitive gaming. Pair that with the average household having on average of 15 connected devices on a network with no proper QOS or bufferbloat protection, now enjoy millions of complaints of reg/latency issues.

Reminds me of the "roach" latency guide. Where the guy recommends disabling like 500 bios features including things like audio device , reg tweaks, etc - Then he does some DPC latency test that shows he improved his DPC latency from like 50μs to 20μs. Apparently the guy can feel a 0.03ms improvement in input lag ?

I'm sure there are tweaks that can improve latency, but the entire tweaking scene is filled with tons of misinformation, improperly tweaked settings, bad recommended settings that don't apply to all, etc. I always wish Microsoft would come out and publish some info to help tweak the OS better for gaming so we could do away with snake oil in the optimization/tweaking scene.

I've not bragging, but I've reached top 500 in OW in two seasons back when it was actually a good game, and consistently place in low Predator in Apex. I do 0 tweaks outside of the NVCP, besides disabling pointer precision and enabling a higher performance power profile. You think when CSGO pros go to a major they do 200 tweaks on the event PCs to be so good? Come on :lol: Your time is better invested in things that will actually work to make you better. Doing aim exercises, learning maps better, analyzing video of your mistakes to learn and not make those mistakes again, positioning better, learning strategies, etc. You know, things actual professionals do to improve.

I feel lots of these guides are targeted at low skill players that think these guides will take their play to the next level. It's almost the same way the kids ask some pro what sens/dpi they should use. They want a shortcut to be good or take their skill to the next level, but there is none besides practice and investing time to actually learn the game and not just use it for fun if you want to advance your play.
Completely agree +1

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 15 Jan 2022, 05:38

Can only agree

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 15 Jan 2022, 05:54

The worst part is, that many people believe those "tweakers", who claim stuff like "Disabling Hyperthreading will give you less latency!". And I saw freethy saying the same stuff for like 1 year, without any latency testing. Then he finally tested it with a latency analyzer, and guess what... Games ran better with HT enabled. He got better mouse graphs too and more FPS. Hahaha
And people literally go believe them immediately, because they are youtubers and have good PCs, but alot of stuff they are saying harm Lag instead of reduce it.
I was one of those people 6 months ago. I believed that disabling things like HPET will reduce lag. Or download Bitsum Ultimate Powerplan. Until I tested all these things, and I saw FPS reduction if 15-20fps. Thats like 2-3ms input lag increase...

I tested my whole system latency with a 250fps camera. I roughly had 25-60ms lag, depending on the game. Thats decent. As soon as I knew that, I played much better and finally thaught on improving myself in games, and not my PC. Had a 35-11K/D game in halo some days ago :)

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 15 Jan 2022, 07:19

FPSMaster wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 05:38
Can only agree
But hpet is already disabled by default right?

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 15 Jan 2022, 09:10

It was enabled in my bios and in windows there is a device called "High precision event timer". I disabled both settings and got worse performamce. And I disabled it via commands and registry

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 15 Jan 2022, 10:21

FPSMaster wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 09:10
It was enabled in my bios and in windows there is a device called "High precision event timer". I disabled both settings and got worse performamce. And I disabled it via commands and registry
I dont have all these options in bios, asrock is very minimal