Windows Defender Audio Popping

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
FPSMaster

Windows Defender Audio Popping

Post by FPSMaster » 20 Jan 2022, 09:40

If you guys get audio drop outs recently and you literally tried everything to resolve the issue, it's probably Windows Defender. I came to this exact conclusion today...
I had very strange audio pops and checked Latencymon.exe. I got 1 hard page fault every 2 seconds and didn't know why. I had audio drop outs every couple of seconds too, so it had something to do with the hard pagefault count. And I was on a fresh windows install, and just didn't know what's happening. I set different affinitys, set my audio controller to MSI Mode, cleared temp files, cleared Disk and ram etc...
But everytime I disabled "Realtime Protection" in Windows Defender I didn't get any audio drop outs and I got better Latencymon results.
So I just downloaded a Anti-virus Program which gets disabled whenever I play games, and boom... Problem gone!
I'm on the latest Windows 10 Build and If you guys have the same problem, download Avast or any other ight anti-virus program. It will disable Windows Defender automatically too.
Microsoft, you guys are the best! 🌝

Plznoinputlag

Re: Windows Defender Audio Popping

Post by Plznoinputlag » 20 Jan 2022, 11:40

FPSMaster wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 09:40
If you guys get audio drop outs recently and you literally tried everything to resolve the issue, it's probably Windows Defender. I came to this exact conclusion today...
I had very strange audio pops and checked Latencymon.exe. I got 1 hard page fault every 2 seconds and didn't know why. I had audio drop outs every couple of seconds too, so it had something to do with the hard pagefault count. And I was on a fresh windows install, and just didn't know what's happening. I set different affinitys, set my audio controller to MSI Mode, cleared temp files, cleared Disk and ram etc...
But everytime I disabled "Realtime Protection" in Windows Defender I didn't get any audio drop outs and I got better Latencymon results.
So I just downloaded a Anti-virus Program which gets disabled whenever I play games, and boom... Problem gone!
I'm on the latest Windows 10 Build and If you guys have the same problem, download Avast or any other ight anti-virus program. It will disable Windows Defender automatically too.
Microsoft, you guys are the best! 🌝
whats the effect of this audio pop? it will fix bad hitreg? xd

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 20 Jan 2022, 13:04

Well, it will fix audio issues and high driver latencies as mentioned in my post haha

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 20 Jan 2022, 13:23

FPSMaster wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 13:04
Well, it will fix audio issues and high driver latencies as mentioned in my post haha
ill try man thank you for the advice :)

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 20 Jan 2022, 16:15

Plznoinputlag wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 13:23
FPSMaster wrote:
Plznoinputlag wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 13:23
FPSMaster wrote:
Np, I hope it will help you if you have such problems. :)