What if it also happen offline ?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
wadge

What if it also happen offline ?

Post by wadge » 20 Jan 2022, 12:16

Hello guys,

So my question is simple, what would be the issue if i'm also noticing bad hitreg offline ? (tested on cs go with bots, ethernet cable disconnected)
My headshots doesn't register all the time as i am 100% on the head with my crosshair...

Could this be related to power ?

Thanks

Plznoinputlag

Re: What if it also happen offline ?

Post by Plznoinputlag » 20 Jan 2022, 13:26

wadge wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 12:16
Hello guys,

So my question is simple, what would be the issue if i'm also noticing bad hitreg offline ? (tested on cs go with bots, ethernet cable disconnected)
My headshots doesn't register all the time as i am 100% on the head with my crosshair...

Thanks
yes electricity 100%

in my experience when i disconnect the ethernet cable and play even with steam offline and host a server with bots i cant see the enemies peeking smoothly like when bot is peeking around corner i only can see them like when they far away from the corner like they teleporting.
its not suppose to be like that its like frame skipping or something i cant explain.

wadge

Post by wadge » 21 Jan 2022, 10:40

Same thing ! it would be great to find people able to help us diagnotize this issue...

I was tempted to buy a lithium power battery 1300w so i can really tell if its due to main power or not but its quite expensive and dont want to spend money for something i'm not sure if it will work or not :|

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 01 Feb 2022, 09:58

wadge wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 10:40
Same thing ! it would be great to find people able to help us diagnotize this issue...

I was tempted to buy a lithium power battery 1300w so i can really tell if its due to main power or not but its quite expensive and dont want to spend money for something i'm not sure if it will work or not :|
i tried ups on battery and lithium power battery, it was working very smooth and all the input lag are gone like 2 hours but then i decide to charge the battery a little and bit and then the input lag came back

jiaran_wuwuwuwu

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 02 Feb 2022, 13:13

i swear this post and others that are similar confuse me because they talk about "bad hitreg" and "desync", and they also talk about electricity.. but my issue here has always been just input delay in my mouse that makes it feel like VSYNC is on and obviously messes with my aim a lot. is this the same issue people have or am i literally in the wrong place? it's probably just my pc that's old as shit.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 02 Feb 2022, 14:11

jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 13:13
i swear this post and others that are similar confuse me because they talk about "bad hitreg" and "desync", and they also talk about electricity.. but my issue here has always been just input delay in my mouse that makes it feel like VSYNC is on and obviously messes with my aim a lot. is this the same issue people have or am i literally in the wrong place? it's probably just my pc that's old as shit.
you can have only your mouse fucked up
you can have everything what people describe there
and most likely you have more then mouse but you just cant tell
usually if you have delayed mouse movement then you have fucked have keyboard movement to you should rly tell if you can microstrafe or no
but everything is basicly desync(hitreg/stutter/mouse/kb/60hz feeling with High refresh monitor etc)

jiaran_wuwuwuwu

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 02 Feb 2022, 14:42

Unixko wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 14:11
jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
usually if you have delayed mouse movement then you have fucked have keyboard movement to you should rly tell if you can microstrafe or no
but everything is basicly desync(hitreg/stutter/mouse/kb/60hz feeling with High refresh monitor etc)
i don't see any major desync issues and i also don't really notice keyboard delay, if there is then it would be like 10x less noticeable than mouse (enough for me to not complain), and the mouse itself isn't the issue either because i tried another and didn't change anything. that's why i said it could be my pc, i do think it got fucked by bad electricity in here at some point, and also probably because it's connected to an ungrounded outlet.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 03 Feb 2022, 09:52

jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 14:42
Unixko wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 14:11
jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
i don't see any major desync issues and i also don't really notice keyboard delay, if there is then it would be like 10x less noticeable than mouse (enough for me to not complain), and the mouse itself isn't the issue either because i tried another and didn't change anything. that's why i said it could be my pc, i do think it got fucked by bad electricity in here at some point, and also probably because it's connected to an ungrounded outlet.
can you post you hardware specs?

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 05 Feb 2022, 08:26

Plznoinputlag wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 13:26
wadge wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 12:16
Hello guys,

Thanks
yes electricity 100%

in my experience when i disconnect the ethernet cable and play even with steam offline and host a server with bots i cant see the enemies peeking smoothly like when bot is peeking around corner i only can see them like when they far away from the corner like they teleporting.
its not suppose to be like that its like frame skipping or something i cant explain.
same shit, if i disconnect ethernet cable i didnt feel changes lot, maybe little
but same shit when i disconnect my all setup from power outlet and play on batterys (many types] charged from different places, still same shit input lag, stutter,desync