Can anyone tell me what it is? (SOLVED?)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
InputLagger

Re: Can anyone tell me what it is?

Post by InputLagger » 13 Feb 2022, 10:51

Slender wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 04:25
after 10 reboots, the graph did not deteriorate, there are strange drawdowns up to 500 hz, I do not remember whether it was or not, but the difference is noticeable, it really is a case, it remains to understand why PC case gives a strange mouse behavior.
Maybe, this is because your power supply uses the case as ground, like VGA card or mobo, and they gets weirdly connected somehow :?

You can measure it yourself by testing voltage on your case. It will be half on your main voltage in you home power outlets

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 13 Feb 2022, 11:20

InputLagger wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 10:51
Slender wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 04:25
after 10 reboots, the graph did not deteriorate, there are strange drawdowns up to 500 hz, I do not remember whether it was or not, but the difference is noticeable, it really is a case, it remains to understand why PC case gives a strange mouse behavior.
Maybe, this is because your power supply uses the case as ground, like VGA card or mobo, and they gets weirdly connected somehow :?

You can measure it yourself by testing voltage on your case. It will be half on your main voltage in you home power outlets
How to test case voltage man?

Slender

Post by Slender » 13 Feb 2022, 11:46

deama wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 09:50
Slender wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 09:16
deama wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 08:16
Probably electricity got worse, maybe something got installed in your area that is creating extra interference in the line, or something got changed in the powerline, or maybe even at home?
At least I don't think it's interference in the air, that squeaking of the power supply I think indicates something wrong in the line? Did the other PSU give the same squeaking?

Also, you tried a different mouse right?
I've tried different mice pulsar xlite, xm1r, viper 8khz, mm710, all the same.
the power supply that beeps was new, but even on the old one, this squeak is heard in the load, only less noticeable.
Might be electrical issue then. Might be worth it to get a full on high quality portable battery and try running your PC off grid, I think the chief created a thread tutorial chief on how to do it, try running it for a few days not just an hour. But that's if you can afford to do it.
it is not electrical issue, it is pc case.

Slender

Re: Can anyone tell me what it is? (SOLVED?)

Post by Slender » 13 Feb 2022, 13:07

the graph is absolutely smooth when I make circles quickly with the mouse, when I do it slowly what happens is this. Previously, it was 1000 regardless of speed
Attachments
1000dropto500.png
1000dropto500.png (102.33 KiB) Viewed 2558 times

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 13 Feb 2022, 16:54

Slender wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 13:07
the graph is absolutely smooth when I make circles quickly with the mouse, when I do it slowly what happens is this. Previously, it was 1000 regardless of speed
whats the solution then?

Slender

Post by Slender » 13 Feb 2022, 17:09

MegaMelmek wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 16:54
Slender wrote:
whats the solution then?
While it is known that this is because of the case, I can't say more. The frequency may have dropped to 500 before, but I didn't notice it. Nevertheless, after I took the hardware out of the case, the problem was solved, next weekend I will look for the cause.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 13 Feb 2022, 17:24

Interesting!
Last edited by Thatweirdinputlag on 13 Feb 2022, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 13 Feb 2022, 17:26

Slender wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 17:09
MegaMelmek wrote:
Slender wrote:
whats the solution then?
While it is known that this is because of the case, I can't say more. The frequency may have dropped to 500 before, but I didn't notice it. Nevertheless, after I took the hardware out of the case, the problem was solved, next weekend I will look for the cause.

There will always be some sort of current leakage into the case itself, thats why the case is always grounded through the power supply. If you do not have a grounding pin in your AC Mains outlet, the case itself will continuously have a live current on it, nothing dangerous, but sometimes enough to shock causing discomfort "depending on how bad the power supply and the leakage that is happening". If there is enough current running through it 24/7 "I.E no ground", the case's electricity field will start effecting other components inside it with its magnetic field. Probably why you are seeing weird graphs with your mouse, and probably why the graph isn't F'ed anymore when the case was removed from the equation.

Your case can ground itself through the DP or HDMI cable too btw, given that your monitor is properly grounded, heck you can use an audio interface as ground path if it is powered through a grounded outlet and not powered through the PC since the USB connection between the audio interface and the PC will carry ground.

Now, if you have grounding and you still had these issues, then try to lift the ground from all the power cables going into the wall socket but one. I'd pick the one to keep to be the PC's Power supply, since your PC will be producing the most EMI and have the most current going through it. I'm saying this because you might've been experiencing a ground-loop. People say it's okay to ground everything to the same socket, but that ground socket also needs to have less than 2Ohm "the standards over grounding" resistance to the ground otherwise it might actually create a different voltage potential within the power extension itself.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Slender

Post by Slender » 14 Feb 2022, 10:50

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 17:26
Slender wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 17:09
MegaMelmek wrote:
Slender wrote:
whats the solution then?

There will always be some sort of current leakage into the case itself, thats why the case is always grounded through the power supply. If you do not have a grounding pin in your AC Mains outlet, the case itself will continuously have a live current on it, nothing dangerous, but sometimes enough to shock causing discomfort "depending on how bad the power supply and the leakage that is happening". If there is enough current running through it 24/7 "I.E no ground", the case's electricity field will start effecting other components inside it with its magnetic field. Probably why you are seeing weird graphs with your mouse, and probably why the graph isn't F'ed anymore when the case was removed from the equation.

Your case can ground itself through the DP or HDMI cable too btw, given that your monitor is properly grounded, heck you can use an audio interface as ground path if it is powered through a grounded outlet and not powered through the PC since the USB connection between the audio interface and the PC will carry ground.

Now, if you have grounding and you still had these issues, then try to lift the ground from all the power cables going into the wall socket but one. I'd pick the one to keep to be the PC's Power supply, since your PC will be producing the most EMI and have the most current going through it. I'm saying this because you might've been experiencing a ground-loop. People say it's okay to ground everything to the same socket, but that ground socket also needs to have less than 2Ohm "the standards over grounding" resistance to the ground otherwise it might actually create a different voltage potential within the power extension itself.
I am perfect 0 in electricity, how to check the grounding?

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 14 Feb 2022, 13:17

i put all HW outside the case and it did not help me… strange is that at the begining of this issue i was suspecting PC case too…
jump from MSI gungir to corsair 4000D i think it did not help me…
If there is voltage in ground somewhere thats bad for PC for sure