Can anyone tell me what it is? (SOLVED?)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Thatweirdinputlag

Re: Can anyone tell me what it is? (SOLVED?)

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 15 Feb 2022, 05:53

Slender wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 10:50
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 17:26
Slender wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 17:09
MegaMelmek wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 16:54

whats the solution then?
While it is known that this is because of the case, I can't say more. The frequency may have dropped to 500 before, but I didn't notice it. Nevertheless, after I took the hardware out of the case, the problem was solved, next weekend I will look for the cause.

There will always be some sort of current leakage into the case itself, thats why the case is always grounded through the power supply. If you do not have a grounding pin in your AC Mains outlet, the case itself will continuously have a live current on it, nothing dangerous, but sometimes enough to shock causing discomfort "depending on how bad the power supply and the leakage that is happening". If there is enough current running through it 24/7 "I.E no ground", the case's electricity field will start effecting other components inside it with its magnetic field. Probably why you are seeing weird graphs with your mouse, and probably why the graph isn't F'ed anymore when the case was removed from the equation.

Your case can ground itself through the DP or HDMI cable too btw, given that your monitor is properly grounded, heck you can use an audio interface as ground path if it is powered through a grounded outlet and not powered through the PC since the USB connection between the audio interface and the PC will carry ground.

Now, if you have grounding and you still had these issues, then try to lift the ground from all the power cables going into the wall socket but one. I'd pick the one to keep to be the PC's Power supply, since your PC will be producing the most EMI and have the most current going through it. I'm saying this because you might've been experiencing a ground-loop. People say it's okay to ground everything to the same socket, but that ground socket also needs to have less than 2Ohm "the standards over grounding" resistance to the ground otherwise it might actually create a different voltage potential within the power extension itself.
I am perfect 0 in electricity, how to check the grounding?
A simple check would be either by getting a socket tester "search on Amazon" or if you have a multimeter laying around in your house you can use it to test "Ground to Neutral" and "Ground to Live" Potential Difference. There's numerous Youtube Video Tutorials on how to do that, but ultimately please do contact an electrician to be safe, make sure the electrician has a ground resistance checking device too.

Also keep in mind that all of this is just speculation at this point.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Slender

Post by Slender » 19 Feb 2022, 07:19

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 05:53
Slender wrote:
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 17:26
Slender wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 17:09

While it is known that this is because of the case, I can't say more. The frequency may have dropped to 500 before, but I didn't notice it. Nevertheless, after I took the hardware out of the case, the problem was solved, next weekend I will look for the cause.

There will always be some sort of current leakage into the case itself, thats why the case is always grounded through the power supply. If you do not have a grounding pin in your AC Mains outlet, the case itself will continuously have a live current on it, nothing dangerous, but sometimes enough to shock causing discomfort "depending on how bad the power supply and the leakage that is happening". If there is enough current running through it 24/7 "I.E no ground", the case's electricity field will start effecting other components inside it with its magnetic field. Probably why you are seeing weird graphs with your mouse, and probably why the graph isn't F'ed anymore when the case was removed from the equation.

Your case can ground itself through the DP or HDMI cable too btw, given that your monitor is properly grounded, heck you can use an audio interface as ground path if it is powered through a grounded outlet and not powered through the PC since the USB connection between the audio interface and the PC will carry ground.

Now, if you have grounding and you still had these issues, then try to lift the ground from all the power cables going into the wall socket but one. I'd pick the one to keep to be the PC's Power supply, since your PC will be producing the most EMI and have the most current going through it. I'm saying this because you might've been experiencing a ground-loop. People say it's okay to ground everything to the same socket, but that ground socket also needs to have less than 2Ohm "the standards over grounding" resistance to the ground otherwise it might actually create a different voltage potential within the power extension itself.
I am perfect 0 in electricity, how to check the grounding?
A simple check would be either by getting a socket tester "search on Amazon" or if you have a multimeter laying around in your house you can use it to test "Ground to Neutral" and "Ground to Live" Potential Difference. There's numerous Youtube Video Tutorials on how to do that, but ultimately please do contact an electrician to be safe, make sure the electrician has a ground resistance checking device too.

Also keep in mind that all of this is just speculation at this point.
I noticed that at a low volume of my amplifier, I hear in my headphones the same thing that the power supply emits when i move the mice

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 20 Feb 2022, 08:48

Slender wrote:

Well yea, thats why I suspected a grounding issue "either loop or improper grounding".. So in summary, you need to know 2 things about your setup:

1st: Most importantly, do you have proper grounding installed in your household?
2nd: Is everything hooked to the PC that is powered separately also powered through the same circuit?

The common buzz that you might hear through your speakers or amplifiers most of the times point to a ground-loop happening within your system. As i mentioned before, you can lift the ground off of everything else but your PC since USB cables, Display Cables, even Audio jacks all should maintain ground continuity "if not defected".

Lifting the ground is an easy procedure btw, you only need to make sure that the final cable of that device reaches the outlet through the live and neutral wire only "the ground pin should not touch the ground of the electric socket" and you can achieve that by buying ground lift adapters.. And by that you will leave only one return path through your entire system back to the ground and this should eliminate any problems with ground loops.

From my understanding, the the sound you hear in your headphones is more like white noise, or a bit high pitches and not a low buzzing hum, then this is mostly due to static electricity causing magnetic fields, also one of the main reasons for it is having ground open in your system and the stray current has no where to go but to stay inside of it.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Slender

Post by Slender » 28 Feb 2022, 15:16

Unfortunately, the PC case turned out to be a temporary solution, the problem returned, just nonsense.
I found out that there is a bad grounding in the house, but I still think it's not because of electricity.

R1sk

Post by R1sk » 22 Mar 2022, 08:20

I’ve this problem 2. I changed pc case CM NR200p to LianLi o11 nothing changed. I changed PSU Corsair 80+ Gold 600w to Lian Li 80+ Gold 750w. I will check electricity but the thing same with you that i solve this issue one time with Clean Windows install and then The problem returned with PC restart. So it might be a Auto updated driver problem or synchronization: Keyboard(Hz) Mouse(Hz). My Keyboard pollrate 1000hz Mouse pollrate 1000hz is it bad ?

Slender

Post by Slender » 22 Mar 2022, 11:53

R1sk wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 08:20
I’ve this problem 2. I changed pc case CM NR200p to LianLi o11 nothing changed. I changed PSU Corsair 80+ Gold 600w to Lian Li 80+ Gold 750w. I will check electricity but the thing same with you that i solve this issue one time with Clean Windows install and then The problem returned with PC restart. So it might be a Auto updated driver problem or synchronization: Keyboard(Hz) Mouse(Hz). My Keyboard pollrate 1000hz Mouse pollrate 1000hz is it bad ?
the mouse frequency and keyboard frequency of 1000 in one controller clearly causes problems with the stability of the mouse, you need to have two controllers. If your board has usb 2.0, it makes sense to put only a mouse there, and transfer the rest of the devices to an external pci-e usb controller. If there is no usb 2.0 on your board, then it makes sense to use an external pci-e usb 2.0 controller, on NEC or MCS9990 chips, an excellent possibility of this method is that the controller runs on the same standard as the mouse (fullspeed), unlike the mother port 2.0, which constantly operates in highspeed mode, minus the same the fact that you lose support for msi-mode, but as you can see, this is not too high a loss.
I don't understand anything about electricity at all, I can say that by removing the case I partially solved the problem, although sometimes it appeared to me. As for reboots, personally, when I first start windows, the mouse frequency steadily drops from 1000 to 500. And only after the subsequent reboot, my mouse starts behaving as it should. I have shelved the topic of electricity and am busy with a slightly different problem of a similar nature. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9838
As for windows updates, I highly recommend REVIOS with /deletevalue useplatformtick