Why you will NEVER Fix "Desync/Lag" in CSGO.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
imprecise

Re: Why you will NEVER Fix "Desync/Lag" in CSGO.

Post by imprecise » 16 Jan 2023, 22:03

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 15:35
There is a complaint at faceit reddit about high pingers and their unfair advantage almost every week but faceit doesnt care. Last one i noticed is this https://www.reddit.com/r/FACEITcom/comm ... g_players/ They just milk russians and asians from their money and europeans slowly move to local hubs, esportal and to different games cuz ESEA is owned by the same scumbags and valve has the same behavior.
There isn't much faceit can do about the problem other than forcing high pingers to not play with low pingers. The problem exists in the design of the game.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 18 Jan 2023, 14:14

Yes and no, they can set sv_maxunlag to much lower value so the laggers will NOT be so much ridiculously ahead and desynced whenever they move or change movement or crouch, (or) do any action which cant be predicted by other clients (practically: always and everything). Because the other problem is cl_predict (client prediction of all other players), other clients predict what they do, if lagger moves one way, they predict it even in the moment when the movement is no more actual but sv_unlag lagcompensation prevents other clients from knowing any info about the change because the server WILLFULLY delays it. Thats why others are double punished. Delayed info from server + wrong prediction causing desync (up to 200ms warps depending on ping diff and sv_maxunlag - default is 200ms).

If i peek with 200ms im unkillable because the client of opponent predicts me peeking but when it finally gets info about the it rollbacks all the movement in last 200ms which is even 2 meters cuz this movement NEVER happened at server, its only client projection. So you are not only behind as fu...k, you also have aim at wrong spot and moving it wrong way as a bonus. The same 100ms (1m diff), even 50ms is annoying, still one body lenght diff, with low sensitivity unplayable, cuz you cant hit after the clietn synces - its too far away to compensate the crosshair position to right way+position after. I play low sens so i know, me and my friend simply started dodging any players above 45ms cuz its unplayable. Glad i have 140 accounts at steam and 10 accs at faceit, dodging is easy, after getting too long dodge cooldowns i simply put the account on 10 day dodging cooldowns reset.
Last edited by joseph_from_pilsen on 18 Jan 2023, 14:39, edited 2 times in total.

Zodasaur

Post by Zodasaur » 18 Jan 2023, 14:25

16 Jan 2023, 15:35
There is a complaint at faceit reddit about high pingers and their unfair advantage almost every week but faceit doesnt care. Last one i noticed is this https://www.reddit.com/r/FACEITcom/comm ... g_players/ They just milk russians and asians from their money and europeans slowly move to local hubs, esportal and to different games cuz ESEA is owned by the same scumbags and valve has the same behavior.

It's like the saying goes. If you can't beat them, join them. I got myself a cheap apartment in Russla and now I can be just as competitive in Faceit as anyone can.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 18 Jan 2023, 14:28

YOu dont need to move to Russla, just install a netem linux packet and delay packets at your router. 100 percent vac/AC safe, and legit. And as a bonus, you can delay the packets at only one direction (outgoing only) to see them instantly but forcing others to be behind you up to 200ms. And as a bonus of bonus - you can do it only at T side which is more lag-favouring.
I tested it in DM and it was like wallhack, they DONT react, its like a drug, very addictive :lol: But still didnt have enough Putinity to start it at faceit.

Zodasaur

Post by Zodasaur » 18 Jan 2023, 16:21

18 Jan 2023, 14:28
YOu dont need to move to Russla, just install a netem linux packet and delay packets at your router. 100 percent vac/AC safe, and legit. And as a bonus, you can delay the packets at only one direction (outgoing only) to see them instantly but forcing others to be behind you up to 200ms. And as a bonus of bonus - you can do it only at T side which is more lag-favouring.
I tested it in DM and it was like wallhack, they DONT react, its like a drug, very addictive :lol: But still didnt have enough Putinity to start it at faceit.
This is a brilliant solution, thank you!

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 18 Jan 2023, 17:30

Thank you for the detailed description of how lag compensation causes unfair advantages for certain players. Please consider deleting the information of how to exploit it.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 18 Jan 2023, 20:38

I want to force valve and faceit to reduce the lagcomp from absurd 200ms limit so the more people exploit it so more probable we will get a fair netcode as the valve will be cornered and forced to find a solution. Valo already has cut it down /35ms hardlimit was invented in some later patches, not in first months of valo and ppl complained the same way/. Valve must follow up.
Last edited by joseph_from_pilsen on 19 Jan 2023, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 18 Jan 2023, 22:41

18 Jan 2023, 20:38
I want to force valve and faceit to reduce the lagcomp from absurd 200ms limit so the more people exploit it so more probable we will get a fair netcode as the valve will be cornered and forced to find a solution. Valo already has cut it down /35ms hardlimit was intended in some later patches, not in first months of valo and ppl complained the same way/. Valve must follow up.
I understand the logic, but with Valve it's been proven time and again they will intentionally destroy their own games, especially if they have a new release on the horizon. Faceit has proven time and again they are not interested in improving the conditions either.

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 01 Apr 2023, 02:34

espresso wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 14:09
CS SOURCE2 ?
Lagcompensation FIXED???

Traveler

Post by Traveler » 03 Apr 2023, 19:48

18 Jan 2023, 14:28
...install a netem linux packet and delay packets at your router. 100 percent vac/AC safe, and legit. And as a bonus, you can delay the packets at only one direction (outgoing only) to see them instantly but forcing others to be behind you up to 200ms. And as a bonus of bonus - you can do it only at T side which is more lag-favouring.
Will this be possible in CS2 with the new sub-tick system and Valve's newest update?
Skip to 0:47 - https://youtu.be/VxwgLt9FxF0