Why you will NEVER Fix "Desync/Lag" in CSGO.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
kriegsnake

Re: Why you will NEVER Fix "Desync/Lag" in CSGO.

Post by kriegsnake » 02 Apr 2022, 17:34

I can confirm. I play with 70-80 play most of the time and it's a big disadvantage . It's all about the route to server.

mybad

Post by mybad » 03 Apr 2022, 04:32

"lag" was implemented by the developers, this a game MECHANIC.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 06 Apr 2022, 21:43

espresso wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 14:09
and the Reason is Lag Compensation.

I tried it all, everything. Optimizing since years and it doesn't change anything.
HIGH end OCed System, FTTH 12ms Ping everywhere.

If you have a very low ping, Lag Compensation will just buffer your packets and thus create artificial lag for you.
The faster your system and ping and the higher your opponents ping the bigger the buffer of your packets.

For the older people who remember in 1.6 everything above 70ms was competitively unplayable. You would loose every peek and every fight. Yet in CSGO on Faceit Russians with 110ms out peeking you with 12ms. To simulate a coherent gameplay for players with 110ms you have to delay 12ms players. It is simple physics.

You can test this very easy. Open server browser, find a DM server where you have a 40-50ms Ping
You will be amazed to run&gun and giving double HS with m4a1s.

On 128Tick server, you get updated every 8ms. But your opponent has 100ms. For example on "tick 1" you shoot at enemy, the packets of that reach the server after 12ms, packtes get send to opponent at tick 3, but now the server has to buffer your packets for at least 12 Ticks(96ms) so while your Crosshair is dead on, you feel that your bullets go nowhere.

Its a classic Valve, they don't care about competition, they care about the Billions they make from skins, and to make more billions is to get more customers and you get more by making it easier to play even when you are at a huge disadvantage because of 100ms Ping. They don't care adding 50ms delay to 12ms players "No human can notice, like you cant see difference between 60 and 100fps". But you can feel it.
In 1.6 i was a god, placed ESL ladder 3 times in a row top 5 out of 20.000, i fucking dominated EU 2v2 AWP ladder, quick scoping longdistance easy. I don't even buy AWP in CSGO because 90% of shots are disappearing into the nirvana.

As soon as you join server and see a player with 60+ms, you know you will have a shit game.

If you want some kind of "fix" get a higher latency line.
Finally someone said truth, i have 140ms reaction time at humanbenchmark, capable to do double digit reaction shots occasionally, but in csgo its not an advantage at all, i shoot too fast, it either results very often in inaccurate moving shot if i start moving after i fire and server simply switches the order (= miss) or i cant fire because the laggers are warping back instantly after i aim at the spot they are peeking to make obvious peek-n-step shot, but this movement is only happening in client, at server it looks like im starring at them like a total noob. Also when a lagger peeks me, the diff server vs client is usually much much higher than just only ping lagcompensation, something is even deeper in shits than it seems to be. Against ("only") 50ms portuguese premade (80ms in console) i remember being rekted so much and it wasnt 50 (80)ms time they were ahead, it was nearly a half second, they could make a selfie in server replay before shooting but i wasnt even seeing them. Also i see laggers being totally defenseless still being in movement (moving = cant shoot), if its at LAN its ez kill because im ahead (they need to dissipate the speed, to do a counterstep, to stop, aim and fire, while i am just shooting to the spot they will stop at knowing that they cant fire before i do whatever they do because its high unlikely their reaction time will be better but online it doesnt work at all, i see them shooting in middle of movement, which is only fake client prediction, and also late as hell because enemy is being overcompensated by stupid lagcompensation sending me fake trash delayed inactual info about inactual position, inactual movement and just giving me fake impression that i have enough time to aim and shoot or just A-D back to safety to prevent being headshoted if my crosshair is not at them. Also the diff of position is more than 1 meter, if a russkie peeks lagcompensated, at the time i see him, im already dead and if i A D to safety at first pixel spot, he pulls me back to his shot even 3 meters back behind corner.

espresso

Post by espresso » 08 May 2022, 11:26

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
02 Apr 2022, 00:48
Hello,

i have reaction time 135-145ms at humanbenchmark and i can recognize even the mouse input lag in csgo.

The first guy is FULLY RIGHT, i extremelly suffer from the crap called lagcompensation and i will explain you how it works. Whenever i go against 40+ms i will have guaranteedly a crap game, playing with fiber optics and low ping. I stopped playing faceit because there are no more legit players in EU, only Russlan and turkish crap high ping abusers with free prefire by valve crapcompensation. The situation got unacceptable in 2020, since 2020 there is no chance to get full low ping lobby more often than every 10th game.

Now how it works.
I have some prime examples for you:

Running HS in 230ms:
https://streamable.com/copuwz
Running HS again:
https://streamable.com/kqarge
Headshot is Air:
https://streamable.com/ei0usc
Super strange Modle deformation:
https://streamable.com/n0z5tp
Same Deformation again:
https://streamable.com/8utzz6
Outpeaked:
https://streamable.com/8lnxgi

It is always good to hear Storys like yours which make me realize i am not alone with this problem.

While others may have different Problem with Internet, Drivers, Software etc. there are people like you and me who did everything right that is possible yet still have bad experience.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 08 May 2022, 15:29

espresso wrote:
08 May 2022, 11:26
joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
02 Apr 2022, 00:48
Hello,

i have reaction time 135-145ms at humanbenchmark and i can recognize even the mouse input lag in csgo.

The first guy is FULLY RIGHT, i extremelly suffer from the crap called lagcompensation and i will explain you how it works. Whenever i go against 40+ms i will have guaranteedly a crap game, playing with fiber optics and low ping. I stopped playing faceit because there are no more legit players in EU, only Russlan and turkish crap high ping abusers with free prefire by valve crapcompensation. The situation got unacceptable in 2020, since 2020 there is no chance to get full low ping lobby more often than every 10th game.

Now how it works.
I have some prime examples for you:

Running HS in 230ms:
https://streamable.com/copuwz
Running HS again:
https://streamable.com/kqarge
Headshot is Air:
https://streamable.com/ei0usc
Super strange Modle deformation:
https://streamable.com/n0z5tp
Same Deformation again:
https://streamable.com/8utzz6
Outpeaked:
https://streamable.com/8lnxgi

It is always good to hear Storys like yours which make me realize i am not alone with this problem.

While others may have different Problem with Internet, Drivers, Software etc. there are people like you and me who did everything right that is possible yet still have bad experience.
That last clip was just bad reaction time on your part. The rest is likely due to low tick rate in terms of the running headshots.

mybad

Post by mybad » 08 May 2022, 18:57

What about locks engine source code from Valve?

GabrielDnh

Post by GabrielDnh » 11 Jan 2023, 10:59

I had to create an account on this forum just to reply this post, and i cannot agree more with you, it happens with me the same mother fcking thing, i started playing cs 1.6 back in 2005, i was an awp player, i don't even know how many server banned me for thinking that i was cheating, because on cs1.6, the game worked, and playing csgo, AT LEAST 80% of the hits go to the limbo, perfect spray, nothing happens, but training against bots, firts 4 bullets, you already kill the bot, but in online, 20 bullets and you need to pray to kill the enemy even on 128 tick. I got global in 2018 and i couldn't beat them anymore because the bullets never reach them, since then i only play casual few rounds per week and still able to easily massacre them, 95% of casual players don't even know how to start a properly spray but still Head shoting on impossible ways, csgo netcode scks so hard that it's impossible to believe it, this current source engine was not meant to be an online game, but i'm confidence that Source 2 will save us from all this hell we're living, IF they release csgo on source 2.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 16 Jan 2023, 07:34

Im affraid the source 2 code is already obsolete crap too. So no wonder will happen.
As a good start it would be to simply patch sv_maxunlag to 0.02 from 0.2s . This would solve all the prefiring russkies like valorant did with 0.035 hardlimit of lagcompensation. But the greedy shitty companies like valve and faceit owners will never do it even if its a parameter change doable in 1 click.

Gonna to give a try to play valorant WITHOUT allowing the annoying abilities in custom game LAN 5v5 to make it wannabe CSGO 2.0. Just a FPS with modern engine but without shitty gameplay (/wave valorant). Sadly i doubt it will be possible to increase movement speed to +- csgo level in custom game.

Mentucius

Post by Mentucius » 16 Jan 2023, 07:59

espresso wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 14:09
and the Reason is Lag Compensation.

I tried it all, everything. Optimizing since years and it doesn't change anything.
HIGH end OCed System, FTTH 12ms Ping everywhere.

If you have a very low ping, Lag Compensation will just buffer your packets and thus create artificial lag for you.
The faster your system and ping and the higher your opponents ping the bigger the buffer of your packets.

For the older people who remember in 1.6 everything above 70ms was competitively unplayable. You would loose every peek and every fight. Yet in CSGO on Faceit Russians with 110ms out peeking you with 12ms. To simulate a coherent gameplay for players with 110ms you have to delay 12ms players. It is simple physics.

You can test this very easy. Open server browser, find a DM server where you have a 40-50ms Ping
You will be amazed to run&gun and giving double HS with m4a1s.

On 128Tick server, you get updated every 8ms. But your opponent has 100ms. For example on "tick 1" you shoot at enemy, the packets of that reach the server after 12ms, packtes get send to opponent at tick 3, but now the server has to buffer your packets for at least 12 Ticks(96ms) so while your Crosshair is dead on, you feel that your bullets go nowhere.

Its a classic Valve, they don't care about competition, they care about the Billions they make from skins, and to make more billions is to get more customers and you get more by making it easier to play even when you are at a huge disadvantage because of 100ms Ping. They don't care adding 50ms delay to 12ms players "No human can notice, like you cant see difference between 60 and 100fps". But you can feel it.
In 1.6 i was a god, placed ESL ladder 3 times in a row top 5 out of 20.000, i fucking dominated EU 2v2 AWP ladder, quick scoping longdistance easy. I don't even buy AWP in CSGO because 90% of shots are disappearing into the nirvana.

As soon as you join server and see a player with 60+ms, you know you will have a shit game.

If you want some kind of "fix" get a higher latency line.
This could explain why people from Russla, Israel, and the periferia of Europe (with 80 to 130 ping) play better than us in faceit, they kill easier and hit more bullets

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 16 Jan 2023, 15:35

There is a complaint at faceit reddit about high pingers and their unfair advantage almost every week but faceit doesnt care. Last one i noticed is this https://www.reddit.com/r/FACEITcom/comm ... g_players/ They just milk russians and asians from their money and europeans slowly move to local hubs, esportal and to different games cuz ESEA is owned by the same scumbags and valve has the same behavior.