Why you will NEVER Fix "Desync/Lag" in CSGO.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
joseph_from_pilsen

Re: Why you will NEVER Fix "Desync/Lag" in CSGO.

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 02 Sep 2023, 09:53

CS2 released for almost everybody, you can make a new thread "Why you will NEVER Fix "Desync/Lag" in CS2". Because netcode is even worse... The game is split into 10 custom matrixes of all players which are desynced rly hard from each other and server only decides which chain will be the main and which will be orphaned lol.... Prefiring anyone with perfect preaim in cs2 doesnt mean you will be always the one who will get the frag.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 02 Sep 2023, 12:10

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 09:53
CS2 released for almost everybody, you can make a new thread "Why you will NEVER Fix "Desync/Lag" in CS2". Because netcode is even worse... The game is split into 10 custom matrixes of all players which are desynced rly hard from each other and server only decides which chain will be the main and which will be orphaned lol.... Prefiring anyone with perfect preaim in cs2 doesnt mean you will be always the one who will get the frag.
Really? New netcode looks like blockchain :lol:

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 02 Sep 2023, 12:16

It was a try to make an artistic comparison but hell its the impression i had when i joined the cs2 beta.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 02 Sep 2023, 16:56

imprecise wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 15:11

Asus, right? I just looked it up and saw it has a 2.5G port. I've read there was so many bad 2.5G ports produced that I wouldn't trust any of them. You could try setting it to 1gig or 100/100 and see if that helps, or try using the generic Windows driver. It also has Thunderbolt 4 support so you could go that route for an external NIC.
Yea the Asus one. Rog Strix z790i Gaming Wifi. As a matter of fact I do have a USB ethernet adapter laying around somewhere "from earlier trial stages" I'll give it a go tomorrow, hopefully I can turn this one into Legacy mode and not have it shutdown the entire system. If I see a sustained improvement, I'll order one for the TB4 and see how it goes. Thanks for the idea!

Other than that, the NIC is already running on 1GB since that is what the Modem/Router's max is. Generic windows driver for intel ethernet just drops it down 1 or 2 versions back it doesn't actually say "generic ethernet driver" if delete the driver and it's software then check for hardware changes.

As for the problem with the NIC's on Z790's in general was a bad intel driver, to my knowledge at least, which led to the driver's EEE function to downgrade the pre-negotiated speed at random which consequently led into cut-outs and other issues. Now the driver by default comes with its EEE function disabled. Yet again, I did not experience any issue regarding disconnects or anything similar, thankfully.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini