Input lag with 240hz monitor

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
kampersky

Input lag with 240hz monitor

Post by kampersky » 13 Feb 2022, 06:57

Hello Guys!
I have got weird problem with input lag.
At the beginning I will give the specification of the computer:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M DS3H ;
CPU: Intel I5 11600K ;
RAM: Patriot Viper 4, DDR4, 16 GB, 3200MHz, CL16 ;
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB ;
Mouse: BenQ Zowie S2;
Keyboard: Fury Hurricane TKL;
Monitor: BenQ XL2540K 240hz.

Let me start with the fact that on a 144hz monitor I can feel much lower input lag. The mouse seems smoother and I can react much faster in games like CS: GO, Valorant. I will only point out that I have lvl 10 on faceit. I have got 300 FPS+ in cs go and 240FPS+ in Valorant. I'm a really good aim gamer and I can sense the lag. My ping in cs go is around 35ms and valorant about 10ms. I have no Loss package. I would also like to point out that the valorant has a lower input lag (I think bc of Nvidia Reflex ON), but I often die before I even see my opponent... A kill with a sniper rifle is virtually impossible on a 240hz monitor.

I have nvidia low latency set to off (It seems to me that it works better on off than Ultra). My other settings are set to high performance. My power is set to ultimate performance. I tried to use MSI afterburner but there was no difference. Additionally, I tested everything with XMP on / off, HPET on / off - I have a feeling there is no difference. I used to have an Acer KG251QDBMIIPX but the lag feeling was even worse.

I am completely helpless, I want the game to run smoothly, without stuttering, with the smooth movement of the mouse and, in addition, that I can see my opponent before I die.

What do you think is the reason for input lag on 240hz monitor? I can feel small stuttering on 240hz too. Could it be because the motherboard has too weak a power section? Maybe I have something wrongly set in the BIOS? Or maybe the graphics card is too weak for a 240hz monitor and causes additional input lag? Have you ever had the opportunity to test input lag on graphics cards with PASCAL architecture?

Thank you in advance for your time!

kampersky

Re: Input lag with 240hz monitor

Post by kampersky » 08 Feb 2023, 07:56

Guys,
i found the solution BTW.
There were 4 reasons for the delays:
1. Very poor connection quality (very low MTU) => changing the internet improved latency by about 50%
2. Motherboard power section temperature too high (I changed to MSI Z590 Torpedo); => That didn't do much
3. Graphics card too weak compared to CPU (I changed to RTX 3060 TI); => Some games ran much smoother, less stuttering
4. And now the most important thing that I solved in the end: CPU temperature too high exceeding 80 degrees Celsius.

After replacing the cooler, the games started to run very smoothly without any delays.
Topic to be closed. :)

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 08 Feb 2023, 08:37

I have tried all of those solutions 20 times lol. Some ppl are unlucky. I’ll move location for 8th tinde soon due to work and hopefully something changes

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 08 Feb 2023, 09:52

assombrosso wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 08:37
I have tried all of those solutions 20 times lol. Some ppl are unlucky. I’ll move location for 8th tinde soon due to work and hopefully something changes
You have to do researches, before you goo to the next city. Just filter threw steam, who lives next to you and contact them. inspect they're profile, if they high Elo player or atleast Global Elite for example. thats how i did it.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 08 Feb 2023, 20:40

Unreazz wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 09:52
assombrosso wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 08:37
You have to do researches, before you goo to the next city. Just filter threw steam, who lives next to you and contact them. inspect they're profile, if they high Elo player or atleast Global Elite for example. thats how i did it.
Have you done this? Just changed location where high elo players play at and everything got fixed?