Help me to understand.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Sublo

Help me to understand.

Post by Sublo » 13 Feb 2022, 08:18

Hello everyone, yesterday playing CS:GO with a desync, I noticed such a moment, the image on my monitor lags behind what is happening on the server, but the sound does not lag behind. A teammate wrote to the chat, and another teammate answered him through the head chat, and message was displayed on the monitor after some time, after I heard the answer to it. Why is the sound not late if there is a desync?

alberto91

Re: Help me to understand.

Post by alberto91 » 14 Feb 2022, 01:30

blackmagic wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 08:54
Sublo wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 08:18
Hello everyone, yesterday playing CS:GO with a desync, I noticed such a moment, the image on my monitor lags behind what is happening on the server, but the sound does not lag behind. A teammate wrote to the chat, and another teammate answered him through the head chat, and message was displayed on the monitor after some time, after I heard the answer to it. Why is the sound not late if there is a desync?
chat lag is normal.
saw this many times in different fps.

last time in valorant...
nothing seems to lag or abnormal, everyone low ping in lobby, voice chat works without delay and everything looks normal but if i typed something in chat then my messages appeared only after some minutes to public/team and on my display.

i call this phenomen broken chat or just chat bug. :lol:
chat seems to have delay for some and for some not...dont know how that possible.

i want know too how it possible that 1 player has such chat type bug/delay while other 9 players in same match dont have it and can type normal and dont affected by this bug/delay.

what wrong with my connection and with chat in that moment ? how that chat delay possible while everything else like voice chat etc. works normal ?
I think this chat lag is more likely related to the Internet issue or maybe low FPS count.

Sublo

Post by Sublo » 14 Feb 2022, 06:23

alberto91 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 01:30
blackmagic wrote:
Sublo wrote:
chat lag is normal.

last time in valorant...
nothing seems to lag or abnormal, everyone low ping in lobby, voice chat works without delay and everything looks normal but if i typed something in chat then my messages appeared only after some minutes to public/team and on my display.

chat seems to have delay for some and for some not...dont know how that possible.

i want know too how it possible that 1 player has such chat type bug/delay while other 9 players in same match dont have it and can type normal and dont affected by this bug/delay.

what wrong with my connection and with chat in that moment ? how that chat delay possible while everything else like voice chat etc. works normal ?
I think this chat lag is more likely related to the Internet issue or maybe low FPS count.
There are no problems with the Internet and FPS, I have been watching this moment for several days. In rare cases, when there is no desync, the chat works as it should, in the post I wanted to convey that the sound is not late for me, but the image of what is on the server is yes. I wonder why.

alberto91

Post by alberto91 » 15 Feb 2022, 02:02

Sublo wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 06:23
alberto91 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 01:30
blackmagic wrote:
Sublo wrote:
chat lag is normal.

last time in valorant...

There are no problems with the Internet and FPS, I have been watching this moment for several days. In rare cases, when there is no desync, the chat works as it should, in the post I wanted to convey that the sound is not late for me, but the image of what is on the server is yes. I wonder why.
This is quite surprising for me too. I have never experienced it.