Thank God I fixed it after almost 6 years !

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Thank God I fixed it after almost 6 years !

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Mar 2022, 17:40

kriegor wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 00:34
Slender wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 04:31
haha, don't worry, it won't be long, you'll feel it again soon
exactly. this is some black magic placebo bs at its finest.
its insane what sort of nonsense people convince themselves of.

PS: there is no magic fix.
Slender's post was a already rule violation: please read this post, so it's bad etiquette around here to reply to posts I've already reprimanded as follows:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 20:23
Slender wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 04:31
haha, don't worry, it won't be long, you'll feel it again soon
NOH wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 06:41
Lol you are just a smurf what a hell is this acc
Watch it -- we have a "Be Nice To Newbies" rule in these forums.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 01 May 2022, 07:04

WelcomeInNewWorld wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 05:32
I finally got my problem fixed and I was miles away from thinking it could be the sound.

I only play cs:go and I had during all these years a terrible game, big latency, the shots which registered very very badly, the enemies which teleport themselves, strange feeling of mouse etc...

It was not related to my internet connection, nor my computer and nor the electricity (I thought for a long time that it could be related to the electricity)

In reality the problem was the Realtek driver as simple as that!!!

Here is how I realized it, yesterday while surfing on the internet, I found a post on ESL where a person testifies of problems similar to mine and a person told him that it could be related to the Realtek driver which here is the link: https://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/ ... -solid-fps

During all these years I didn't think it was necessary to install the Realtek driver because I have a HyperX Cloud 2 in USB, being in USB and not in jack like an idiot I said to myself that it's useless, oh my God if I had known how much it matters.
To be sure that this headset requires a driver even though it is USB I went to the HyperX website to be sure that it is possible to install a driver and bingo their site says that it is possible to have to install a Realtek driver which here is the link: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/fr/support ... hx-hscl-sr

So between the person who talks about it on the ESL site and the site of the manufacturer of my headset I ran to install a Realtek USB audio driver.

It's unimaginable how different the game is!!! fluid, all the shots register ultra perfectly!!! unprecedented fluidity. I knew all these years that I was not crazy and that something was wrong.

I also did another manipulation to be sure that my 240 Hz screen did not activate G-sync without my knowledge. I downloaded Nvidia Profile Inspector and set it to "Force: off" wherever it said Gsync. But it's not this manipulation that solved my problem, it's the audio driver.

I'm the happiest man in the world (despite the covid restrictions xD)

I spent a lot of time reading this forum to try to detect the cause of the problem but to no avail, I'm very proud today to share this information with you so that if people have similar problems I'll be happy to have helped.

As they say NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!!! :lol:
I have logitech g pro usb i try to install realtek driver and use only jack if it fix my problem i will be the happiest person on earth
EDIT
I plug my headset in jack only it was 20 times better than on usb with usb music card by logitech any fix for this or i have to stay with jack?

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 01 May 2022, 11:24

Patrykelele wrote:
01 May 2022, 07:04
WelcomeInNewWorld wrote:
I finally got my problem fixed and I was miles away from thinking it could be the sound.

I only play cs:go and I had during all these years a terrible game, big latency, the shots which registered very very badly, the enemies which teleport themselves, strange feeling of mouse etc...

It was not related to my internet connection, nor my computer and nor the electricity (I thought for a long time that it could be related to the electricity)

Here is how I realized it, yesterday while surfing on the internet, I found a post on ESL where a person testifies of problems similar to mine and a person told him that it could be related to the Realtek driver which here is the link: https://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/ ... -solid-fps

During all these years I didn't think it was necessary to install the Realtek driver because I have a HyperX Cloud 2 in USB, being in USB and not in jack like an idiot I said to myself that it's useless, oh my God if I had known how much it matters.
To be sure that this headset requires a driver even though it is USB I went to the HyperX website to be sure that it is possible to install a driver and bingo their site says that it is possible to have to install a Realtek driver which here is the link: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/fr/support ... hx-hscl-sr

So between the person who talks about it on the ESL site and the site of the manufacturer of my headset I ran to install a Realtek USB audio driver.

It's unimaginable how different the game is!!! fluid, all the shots register ultra perfectly!!! unprecedented fluidity. I knew all these years that I was not crazy and that something was wrong.

I also did another manipulation to be sure that my 240 Hz screen did not activate G-sync without my knowledge. I downloaded Nvidia Profile Inspector and set it to "Force: off" wherever it said Gsync. But it's not this manipulation that solved my problem, it's the audio driver.

I spent a lot of time reading this forum to try to detect the cause of the problem but to no avail, I'm very proud today to share this information with you so that if people have similar problems I'll be happy to have helped.

I have logitech g pro usb i try to install realtek driver and use only jack if it fix my problem i will be the happiest person on earth
Could it be that the headphones are the problem since the USB probably doesn't have a ferrite choke? For example, my keyboard emits a high pitched interference noise due to it not having a ferrite choke. It's audible when the RGB is turned on. Best thing you can do is to try to stick with equipment that has ferrite chokes on them & separate all cables and distance PWM machinery from your setup.

Fwexzy

Post by Fwexzy » 01 May 2022, 11:38

WelcomeInNewWorld wrote:

Hello, this is so weird, but it looks like it fixed my input lag issue after all this time. Can you please tell me if this problem has returned? Thank you.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 06 May 2022, 10:33

Fwexzy wrote:
01 May 2022, 11:38
WelcomeInNewWorld wrote:

Hello, this is so weird, but it looks like it fixed my input lag issue after all this time. Can you please tell me if this problem has returned? Thank you.
Hey, please, tell us more details about your case.