What's wrong with apex legends?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Headglitch123

Re: What's wrong with apex legends?

Post by Headglitch123 » 10 Apr 2022, 18:32

I have noticed that when using origin, it downloads a hd texture pack, during that download the game feels alot smoother and almost no input lag and choppy mouse feeling. When its fully downloaded the choppy feeling is back:( I already tried to limit the download with netlimiter, sadly to low can cause crashes, there is a trick to pause it completely however the game is unplayable, code:net errors, crashes :( probably origin needs an amount of mb's to run properly

kyho24

Post by kyho24 » 22 May 2022, 18:01

Headglitch123 wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 06:56
joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 21:53
Apex combines bad game engine and the main issue - ONLY 20 TICKRATE.
Its like a lambo with 1.0 TSI engine.

I stopped playing shortly after trying when the game was issued, it ran "weird" but not at my computer but the targets were weirdly moving and i was unable to "read" their movement and flick into it (now i know - 20 tickrate...), and there was also a problem that game is GPU intensive and i had no good graphic card these days (below 144fps there was a massive input lag feeling with every missing fps, under 120fps it was pure pain in ass, the crosshair was rubbery like i used my dick as a joystick).
I know i can reach master, when the lag goes away (usually late night or early morning) i'm a fucking monster at the game. Respawn actually made a post about their "20hz server" back in july i belive?? But these man's aren't doing shit to make that better. Pumping money from new skins but apparently cant afford a better datacenter 🖕🏻Who the fuck care's about a skin u cant even see in first person lmao!!!! So dumb. Enough ranting haha.

Apex legends is the only game that feels shit. But not for everyone! 🤔 I've seen people like rfaide/lulu and some randoms i spectated, how they move/aim, much snappier then me. It feels like i got chains connected to my feet with rocks and weights on my mouse
I've been desperately trying to fix this on my PC. It's a solid PC. Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 16GB RAM, 3070 Nvidia Graphics Card, and yet this is exactly how it feels. Like I'm in quicksand. I even get "stutters" where my bullet reg is virtually half of my bullets. Every now and then (without rhyme or reason), Apex will fix itself for a few games or for a session. When this happens, I am 10x better at the game. I can 1v3 clutch because I actually have bullet reg. As soon as it goes back to quicksand mode, my bullet reg is ridiculous. I even have a video of this in the firing range, where the wingman animation seems to reset itself while firing. I get this when I heal too, so it almost feels like it takes me longer to pop a battery because the animation stutters. It's very hard to explain, but when it's playing well, I can immediately tell.

I've been trying just about everything. Even nuked my PC settings to restart from scratch thinking that I must've done something when I was tweaking settings for optimization reasons (I'm not super techy, but I can follow a tutorial). Anyway, I absolutely love this game, but it's so frustrating 1-clipping a kid (I don't miss a bullet), but still not knocking him because of this quicksand/bullet reg issue. If you come across something that works, I'd love to know!

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 22 May 2022, 20:38

kyho24 wrote:
22 May 2022, 18:01
Headglitch123 wrote:

I stopped playing shortly after trying when the game was issued, it ran "weird" but not at my computer but the targets were weirdly moving and i was unable to "read" their movement and flick into it (now i know - 20 tickrate...), and there was also a problem that game is GPU intensive and i had no good graphic card these days (below 144fps there was a massive input lag feeling with every missing fps, under 120fps it was pure pain in ass, the crosshair was rubbery like i used my dick as a joystick).
I know i can reach master, when the lag goes away (usually late night or early morning) i'm a fucking monster at the game. Respawn actually made a post about their "20hz server" back in july i belive?? But these man's aren't doing shit to make that better. Pumping money from new skins but apparently cant afford a better datacenter 🖕🏻Who the fuck care's about a skin u cant even see in first person lmao!!!! So dumb. Enough ranting haha.

Apex legends is the only game that feels shit. But not for everyone! 🤔 I've seen people like rfaide/lulu and some randoms i spectated, how they move/aim, much snappier then me. It feels like i got chains connected to my feet with rocks and weights on my mouse
I've been desperately trying to fix this on my PC. It's a solid PC. Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 16GB RAM, 3070 Nvidia Graphics Card, and yet this is exactly how it feels. Like I'm in quicksand. I even get "stutters" where my bullet reg is virtually half of my bullets. Every now and then (without rhyme or reason), Apex will fix itself for a few games or for a session. When this happens, I am 10x better at the game. I can 1v3 clutch because I actually have bullet reg. As soon as it goes back to quicksand mode, my bullet reg is ridiculous. I even have a video of this in the firing range, where the wingman animation seems to reset itself while firing. I get this when I heal too, so it almost feels like it takes me longer to pop a battery because the animation stutters. It's very hard to explain, but when it's playing well, I can immediately tell.

I've been trying just about everything. Even nuked my PC settings to restart from scratch thinking that I must've done something when I was tweaking settings for optimization reasons (I'm not super techy, but I can follow a tutorial). Anyway, I absolutely love this game, but it's so frustrating 1-clipping a kid (I don't miss a bullet), but still not knocking him because of this quicksand/bullet reg issue. If you come across something that works, I'd love to know!
U could join my discord group to find a possible fix with others players with the same issue

Stimpy#3743

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 23 May 2022, 04:50

kyho24 wrote:
Headglitch123 wrote:

I also noticed when the game is smooth every gun shoots faster and movement tricks like wall jump are much easier to do and overall mouse movement is accurate and snappy. When the game is not smooth its the opposite, guns shoots slower, walljumps are barely to do and mouse movement feels like playing on 10 dpi and 10 mouse polling rate, it feels really really slower and muddy

Boop

Post by Boop » 23 May 2022, 11:49

kyho24 wrote:

As soon as it goes back to quicksand mode, my bullet reg is ridiculous. I even have a video of this in the firing range, where the wingman animation seems to reset itself while firing. I get this when I heal too, so it almost feels like it takes me longer to pop a battery because the animation stutters. It's very hard to explain, but when it's playing well, I can immediately tell.
The quicksand mode is a thing that happens to LOTS of players when the server performance tanks.

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/n ... -deep-dive

The server is running in slow motion.
Everybody loves this one. Our servers are running at 20Hz. This means that they simulate the entire world state once every 50ms (1 second—or 1,000ms—divided by 20).

We don’t speak about FPS (frame per second) when discussing server performance because a server does not display pictures. Instead, a server computes “states” but the underlying principle is the same. It takes user inputs (from the network), runs the physics, sends back the new world state to clients, then repeats. If this process takes more than 50ms consistently, your game will slow down to permit the server to finish the simulation. Thus, you get slow-mo servers.

View of the frametime for a server. Column 5 is the 50ms target. Everything under is faster. You can see that this server was stable and faster than required.

In comparison, this server never met frametime and was mostly running around 200ms frametime (so 4 times slower). Typically a slow-mo server.

There are a number of things that can cause this, but it’s sometimes linked to machines in the datacenter not performing as they should. Think about an underclocked CPU, overheating, etc.

When we detect those, we usually remove those machines. This means we literally call up the service provider, point out the problem with the given machine, and ask them to take it offline.

The real-time detection solution mentioned earlier in this blog should reduce this issue considerably when we roll it out during the upcoming season. We’re heavily invested in solving this issue, so we’re going to keep a close eye on it.

Some of my shots aren’t registering.
Let’s talk about hit registration. A “no reg” or no-registration of a shot means you think you hit your target but the server basically disagreed. From your perspective, you get all sorts of confirmation in the form of blood spray and sounds, but no damage counter shows up. In a shooter like Apex Legends, this is extremely unpleasant.

It can happen for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes, high latency or packet loss can cause your local simulation to become slightly out of sync with the server. You shot where you saw someone, but actually you were shooting where they had been previously. Unfortunately, you don’t find that out until your version of the world catches back up.

Sometimes, it’s just a bug with the game’s physics simulation. To give you instant feedback, we rely heavily on a concept called prediction. When you shoot, we know the ballistic of the weapon, so we can predict where the bullet is going locally without needing the server to tell you. This makes the game feel more responsive.

Normally, the client and server agree, and the bullet goes where predicted. In the past, we’ve had some bugs with the way we were computing ballistics and bullet trajectories (for every weapon with a bullet size that was not a point, like sniper rifles for example). This kind of bug can be gnarly to detect, so we put a visual in place for our playtests to help people spot the issue right away. Sadly, this diagnostic code is too heavy to run in the live game (because of bandwidth concerns), so we can only rely on our internal testing.

Everytime a no-reg happens, we draw the hitbox and the trajectory of the bullet (approximately, the trajectory should bend a bit, but good enough!). It is a visual aid for us to know it happened and to help us when we go look at our server logs.

There’s two ways we’re making progress here:

The first is by constantly digging into the different bugs that result in hit detection issues. We’ve been developing tools to automate detection, as well, so we can help developers avoid introducing any new ones. This will be an ongoing and continuous effort on our part.

The second is to work with you! When players send us clips of hit detection issues in action, it can help us figure out if there’s a bug we need to address. Often, we realize that clips we get sent actually have to do with a latency problem instead of a hit detection issue, so be sure to check your performance display before reporting a hit-reg issue. However, as mentioned above, we have found and resolved bugs this way in the past, so reporting can help us make the game better for everyone. Thank you in advance!

Boop

Post by Boop » 23 May 2022, 12:10

kyho24 wrote:
If you come across something that works, I'd love to know!
You should check out a gaming VPN to see if there's any improvement. See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8116