What's wrong with apex legends?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Headglitch123

What's wrong with apex legends?

Post by Headglitch123 » 04 Apr 2022, 15:06

This is probably my second post about apex, but whatever.

Okay so this issue I've been experiencing is giving me a headache. The issue is that frametimes are janky, not a straight line, causing my game to run slow even tho my fps always stay at 144. In firing range frametimes is a straight line and the game feel much faster.

I looked at apex montages and their games runs surprisingly fast as fuck compared to mine?

mybad

Re: What's wrong with apex legends?

Post by mybad » 05 Apr 2022, 17:41

Quick googled I found "Apex legend" uses the same engine from Valve, same as tf2, hl2, CSS, csgo, Left 4 Dead ...games, engine name is Source.
what is mean, that all "problems" that the engine has, will be affected for any game that uses that engine.

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 05 Apr 2022, 18:18

mybad wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 17:41
Quick googled I found "Apex legend" uses the same engine from Valve, same as tf2, hl2, CSS, csgo, Left 4 Dead ...games, engine name is Source.
what is mean, that all "problems" that the engine has, will be affected for any game that uses that engine.
It feels so bad, aiming is fucking horrible. Dont matter if u got master specs or everything best from the best. It doesn't get fixed. How does these 'pro' players never notice it and just play the game casually

mybad

Post by mybad » 05 Apr 2022, 18:55

because "pro" knows how to fix the problem "with input lag" at this old garbage engine ;).

Boop

Post by Boop » 05 Apr 2022, 22:27

Apex feels fine on high end hardware and even better with Gsync turned on. I hope you find what is causing your performance issues.

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 06 Apr 2022, 06:06

Boop wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 22:27
Apex feels fine on high end hardware and even better with Gsync turned on. I hope you find what is causing your performance issues.
Thanks for the help.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 06 Apr 2022, 21:53

Apex combines bad game engine and the main issue - ONLY 20 TICKRATE.
Its like a lambo with 1.0 TSI engine.

I stopped playing shortly after trying when the game was issued, it ran "weird" but not at my computer but the targets were weirdly moving and i was unable to "read" their movement and flick into it (now i know - 20 tickrate...), and there was also a problem that game is GPU intensive and i had no good graphic card these days (below 144fps there was a massive input lag feeling with every missing fps, under 120fps it was pure pain in ass, the crosshair was rubbery like i used my dick as a joystick).

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 07 Apr 2022, 06:56

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 21:53
Apex combines bad game engine and the main issue - ONLY 20 TICKRATE.
Its like a lambo with 1.0 TSI engine.

I stopped playing shortly after trying when the game was issued, it ran "weird" but not at my computer but the targets were weirdly moving and i was unable to "read" their movement and flick into it (now i know - 20 tickrate...), and there was also a problem that game is GPU intensive and i had no good graphic card these days (below 144fps there was a massive input lag feeling with every missing fps, under 120fps it was pure pain in ass, the crosshair was rubbery like i used my dick as a joystick).
I know i can reach master, when the lag goes away (usually late night or early morning) i'm a fucking monster at the game. Respawn actually made a post about their "20hz server" back in july i belive?? But these man's aren't doing shit to make that better. Pumping money from new skins but apparently cant afford a better datacenter 🖕🏻Who the fuck care's about a skin u cant even see in first person lmao!!!! So dumb. Enough ranting haha.

Apex legends is the only game that feels shit. But not for everyone! 🤔 I've seen people like rfaide/lulu and some randoms i spectated, how they move/aim, much snappier then me. It feels like i got chains connected to my feet with rocks and weights on my mouse

Boop

Post by Boop » 07 Apr 2022, 11:42

Headglitch123 wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 06:56
Apex legends is the only game that feels shit. But not for everyone! 🤔 I've seen people like rfaide/lulu and some randoms i spectated, how they move/aim, much snappier then me. It feels like i got chains connected to my feet with rocks and weights on my mouse
Are you talking about frame time lag or network lag? I have a lot of friends in Masters (myself included) and in really big fights frames do drop, but it's not that bad for any of us. Everyone in this group of friends is using RTX 3080+ and higher end CPUs from AMD/Intel though.

I have lost 1v1's due to network performance and it's just the way it goes when playing a BR game on the Internet.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 07 Apr 2022, 13:55

Boop wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 11:42
Headglitch123 wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 06:56
Are you talking about frame time lag or network lag? I have a lot of friends in Masters (myself included) and in really big fights frames do drop, but it's not that bad for any of us. Everyone in this group of friends is using RTX 3080+ and higher end CPUs from AMD/Intel though.

I have lost 1v1's due to network performance and it's just the way it goes when playing a BR game on the Internet.
u know how the servers are.. yeah exactly, dogshit doesnt matter if u have high speed wifi, every fucking time i get a code:net error, i've lost so much rp from that.

Its mainly frametimes, they aren't stable even tho i get 144 fps all the time, sometimes 100-120 because of bang ult or gibby ult. frametimes isnt stable compared to other games. rtss fixes that but it comes with input lag and i notice that when aiming, so i still prefer engine limit over smoothness.