Low Latency Mode Question

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Cryogenetic

Low Latency Mode Question

Post by Cryogenetic » 11 Apr 2022, 22:33

I've been doing a lot of reading on the topic of input lag and it could be just me misunderstanding, but I was under the impression of the following:

1) MPRF = NVCP Low latency mode

2) If Reflex is enabled in a game, NVCP Low Latency Mode settings will be ignored.

3) NVCP Low Latency Mode On = MPRF value of 1

Now with these things in mind I've found some things very strange.

1) In Valorant with Reflex enabled or enabled+boost I play pretty average (1 KD). However with Low Latency Mode set to On I've been playing with a 3-5 KD (last 5 games have been 25 kills 5 deaths). I've had my girlfriend set Low Latency Mode On and Off randomly before each game, and every game I've been able to notice a significant input lag reduction in the games it was set to on despite Reflex being set to On+Boost for every game. I do not have the capability to test the actual lag with things like cameras but this has been a couple weeks of testing through a hundred games or so to ensure no placebo. Am I incorrect in my assumption that Reflex disables NVCP Low Latency Mode?

2) In Apex Legends, I verified an MPRF value of 1 (it was preset, as is CSGO) through Nvidia Profile Inspector, however in my NVCP low latency mode is off. If Low Latency Mode is directly tied to MPRF, why would be off in NVCP but MPRF 1 in profile inspector? Also I did similar testing to Valorant with Apex Legends, and had my girlfriend set the NVCP value to Off or On for low latency mode while keeping MPRF to 1 in Profile Inspector, and Enabled+Boost Reflex in game. I noticed similar results in Apex where the games I had low latency mode set to on, I was having significantly better results and gameplay, and I was 46/50 in guessing which was the current setting because of how noticeable the lag reduction was.

So now I'm left with a few questions I'm hoping anyone can help me out with:

(For reference here are my settings: G Sync Disabled all games, Uncapped FPS, and GPU never above 90% except for Apex Legends

1) Should I be enabling ultra low latency mode for an even bigger boost?

2) Was I wrong in my understanding or did poor research?

3) How much does the low latency mode and MPRF value matter for League of Legends vs CSGO?

Thank you to anyone that can help me out.