Mouse driver problem -- I have found a way to solve it

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Slender

Post by Slender » 04 May 2022, 15:32

it all started with the fact that I noticed that the mouse behaved differently each time it was launched.
Scrolling through the Internet, I found a guide of a person well-known in narrow circles.
https://www.overclock.net/threads/how-t ... e.1750736/
In this guide, he found the reason and the algorithm by which this happens, but the method in his guide does not completely eliminate the problem.
The fact is that it does not matter at all where the keyboard part of the mouse is located, it is only important that it is there.
In order to fix the problem you need.
1) Disable the mouse.
2) Clear the registry of old devices (device cleanup tool).
3) Insert the mouse, go to the device manager directory of your mouse, and disable everything except the mouse driver.
(if the branch cannot be disabled, remove the device that prevents you from doing this, then the branch can be disabled).
4) Go to the mouse directory, and delete the mouse driver (attached screenshoot)
5) Reboot

P.S Zowie mice dont have this issue, only mouse driver, not anymore.
Last edited by Slender on 04 May 2022, 15:52, edited 2 times in total.

Slender

Post by Slender » 04 May 2022, 15:33

attached screens
Attachments
jCQJ6LauEprDUFaIweQLblbJcfwLU5WYrb7kpkt470qSA1JDQcDZdlQvuepycadDphXAtvFzI98iqPl0kC5Frh8T.jpg
jCQJ6LauEprDUFaIweQLblbJcfwLU5WYrb7kpkt470qSA1JDQcDZdlQvuepycadDphXAtvFzI98iqPl0kC5Frh8T.jpg (27.37 KiB) Viewed 10826 times
t7cvYfwB7d6LwSv0LOei0Pu-BFAIg1g-Zyoj22uXKa7Q9xMpp2OblYj4P5tbsMUjf4FDAh5MfFpqrkUOX9TjVVlo.jpg
t7cvYfwB7d6LwSv0LOei0Pu-BFAIg1g-Zyoj22uXKa7Q9xMpp2OblYj4P5tbsMUjf4FDAh5MfFpqrkUOX9TjVVlo.jpg (37.56 KiB) Viewed 10826 times

Slender

Post by Slender » 04 May 2022, 15:41

use f10 in device cleanup to switch
use f5 to refresh old devices

Slender

Post by Slender » 06 May 2022, 19:57

update:
My keyboard also has a part of the mouse that should be disabled. For full confidence, the mouse driver should always be higher.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (2.63 KiB) Viewed 10505 times

something123

Re: Mouse driver problem -- I have found a way to solve it

Post by something123 » 11 May 2022, 05:51

Dude, you are sincerely the best person in this entire forum. I did all of this and some other stuff and my stupid lag in my mouse completely disappeared.

Best way to describe how my mouse movement felt is if you turn V-Sync on in any game, and then you see the mouse movement behaving with more input lag and an "icy" feeling which prevented me from making spontaneous flicks. It was also very notable when tracking enemies.

I've been following this forum for a long time but just now I've decided to make an account to say thanks to you.

I actually pretty much just followed r0ach's guide, but aside from this I uninstalled Razer Synapse and updated my CPU drivers. This issue started happening to me back when I had a Razer headset in 2019, everytime I booted up Windows the mouse had that icy feeling and sometimes it didn't. A while ago I got the Razer Viper and I plugged it in and like two days later the icy feeling just stayed like the entire time (even after rebooting Windows a lot of times) and I was angry as shit, even after plugging my old mouse back which was a Logitech G Pro Wireless the mouse input lag didn't leave, and I even made around four clean windows install and nothing.

I'm pretty sure Razer has some driver issue that fucked my mouse, and it was staying even after making a Windows clean install, not entirely sure if it was that or the CPU driver shit but nonetheless it was instantly gone and it was the biggest relief ever, I couldn't even believe I was free again. I also decided to dump every Razer peripheral and avoid it at all costs considering it could have been it, they aren't good anyways, and they have the shittiest software (and firmware) ever.

I don't know what is the exact issue that most people were having, but I guess it was different from mine. Thankfully it wasn't any "electricity" issue, and I'm not gonna dismiss that people could be experiencing that, but as Chief said, most lag problems aren't electricity related.

By the way, most people in this forum were pretty pessimistic and straight out trolling which was the worst part, and yes I was affected by that. Some people here barely speak English (which isn't my main language either, so excuse me if it sucks) and they already feel like they have the need to call BS on everything that is "hardware-related" which is just annoying as shit.

And yes I know it's probably different from what others are experiencing, and I wish I knew what these people were experiencing, since they talk so much about desync/input lag/stutters/bad audio, etc. I didn't feel anything else other than mouse lag in my case. And hopefully it doesn't sound selfish to say but maybe they actually don't have any issues and they should just get good, anyways I'm glad this wasn't a bigger issue as most people here made it out to be.

But to those people, good luck with that.

R1sk

Post by R1sk » 14 May 2022, 15:32

I agree with something123; Slender is very helpfull in this forum.

He is not advicing immeadetely and if he post a trick or fix. I know it is %100 correct and real.

Follow this guy and his posts.

something123

Post by something123 » 16 May 2022, 06:20

Main reason why I posted all of that is because it genuinely fixed my stupid input lag that made me suffer for such a long time and was even feeling depressed about it, considering what people made it out to be.

I suspect that Razer is the culprit of it really, because as I said, it began happening after I got their shitty peripherals, first a headset back in 2019 which was when I started feeling it and then the Razer Viper in 2021 which made it stay permanently, even after clean installations and plugging other mice, I was still using the headset though. And even if I didn't install Razer Synapse the input lag was still present.

It's probably not a widespread problem because it's very specific and it was probably different from what other people were experiencing in this forum even though to me it was too noticeable to even try to ignore it. But my point is that a lot of people in this forum shit on people that don't straight out talk about EMI, that or when someone speaks on how they fixed it in a specific way that wasn't electricity related.

I've checked many sites and topics from different forums the last few days because I pretty much gave up on the issue for like a month but then decided to keep trying to fix it somehow without having to "move out" as many people are suggesting in this forum.

HPET
Razer Synapse
Mouse Clean Install (Thanks to Slender)

These are links I believe helped me the most to fix it. Aside from that I also updated CPU drivers and used DISM command tool because why not. And again I don't know what fixed it exactly but that's all the stuff I've done and it magically went away and it was a giant fucking relief.

And no EMI admirers, it won't "come back".

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 08 Jun 2022, 15:24

What if there is no option to disable USB input devices?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (182.58 KiB) Viewed 9331 times

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 08 Jun 2022, 15:56

Vocaleyes wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 15:24
@Slender please man can u make a video tutorial for doing this fresh mouse install? im missing some steps because of my bad english and im so sure i'm having mouse issues like u described.

tinkiy4333

Post by tinkiy4333 » 08 Jun 2022, 16:34

Vocaleyes wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 15:24
expand usb device and delete keyboard then u can disable