Mouse driver problem -- I have found a way to solve it

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Slender

Re: Mouse driver problem -- I have found a way to solve it

Post by Slender » 14 Jun 2022, 06:36

About separate usb for mice = truth.
for better stable polling mouse rate you need separate usb card.
For better results u need to install your pci usb card in cpu pci slot (above chipset). but your card maybe start work in 8x mode (bad).
Or just install in chipset pci slot 1x.
Secord variant, use front panel usb 2.0 for mice. It start using internal usb 2.0 controller on your motherboard and for me it is best variant now.
But maybe adds some lag, but is 100% stable with connected perephs like sound devices (usb sound devices cause unstable mouse frequency, like usb mic and usb sound card).
Attachments
IMG_20220614_142903.jpg
IMG_20220614_142903.jpg (3.27 MiB) Viewed 2647 times

Fwexzy

Post by Fwexzy » 27 Jun 2022, 11:03

Slender wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 06:36
About separate usb for mice = truth.
for better stable polling mouse rate you need separate usb card.
For better results u need to install your pci usb card in cpu pci slot (above chipset). but your card maybe start work in 8x mode (bad).
Or just install in chipset pci slot 1x.
Secord variant, use front panel usb 2.0 for mice. It start using internal usb 2.0 controller on your motherboard and for me it is best variant now.
But maybe adds some lag, but is 100% stable with connected perephs like sound devices (usb sound devices cause unstable mouse frequency, like usb mic and usb sound card).
Hello, I saw that you are Russlan, can you help me with this? Send me private messages please

Did the guide 3 times, swapped usb, still the keyboard part of the mouse is on top. If I disable this part, then when my mouse is idle (3-5 minutes), it turns off (g pro wireless). Help plz.
Attachments
C32323232323232332apture.PNG
C32323232323232332apture.PNG (23.76 KiB) Viewed 2465 times

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 29 Jun 2022, 17:14

I'm trying my best to understand the steps but still not sure I'm doing it right. It is confusing. Slender, can you help

Slender

Post by Slender » 29 Jun 2022, 20:13

MontyTheAverage wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 17:14
I'm trying my best to understand the steps but still not sure I'm doing it right. It is confusing. Slender, can you help
videoguide in this thread

Sebichek45

Post by Sebichek45 » 14 Apr 2023, 05:22

Slender wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 03:31
kokkatc wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 02:34
Slender wrote:
04 May 2022, 15:32
it all started with the fact that I noticed that the mouse behaved differently each time it was launched.
Scrolling through the Internet, I found a guide of a person well-known in narrow circles.
https://www.overclock.net/threads/how-t ... e.1750736/
In this guide, he found the reason and the algorithm by which this happens, but the method in his guide does not completely eliminate the problem.
The fact is that it does not matter at all where the keyboard part of the mouse is located, it is only important that it is there.
In order to fix the problem you need.
1) Disable the mouse.
2) Clear the registry of old devices (device cleanup tool).
3) Insert the mouse, go to the device manager directory of your mouse, and disable everything except the mouse driver.
(if the branch cannot be disabled, remove the device that prevents you from doing this, then the branch can be disabled).
4) Go to the mouse directory, and delete the mouse driver (attached screenshoot)
5) Reboot

P.S Zowie mice dont have this issue, only mouse driver, not anymore.
Hi Slender, I hope you can help me out with this. I started resetting the mouse using the method from the link you posted. It works initially but comes back very quickly and the input lag comes back again. I'm having a little bit of trouble comprehending the steps you posted in your method. I have a Razer Viper V2 PRO and it's difficult to compare what I'm seeing to your guide. Can you help? I attached 2 snips. My mouse directory stemming from the usb controller and a snip of my 'Mice and other point devices' directory and keyboard directory. Can you let me know what I'm supposed to disable?

I already cleared devices from the device removal tool.
ps.. try to uninstall all razer drivers after setting up your mice
How do I uninstall them all? I remember a razer forum post (?) from long ago with instructions how to uninstall synapse and the “rz” files could you link them to me?