Mouse driver problem -- I have found a way to solve it

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
kokkatc

Re: Mouse driver problem -- I have found a way to solve it

Post by kokkatc » 12 Jun 2022, 18:02

kokkatc wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 17:15
Slender wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 01:01
kokkatc wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 00:39
Slender wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 23:19

you have so much drivers on your mice.
try to use zowie mice, like fk2-c, ec3-c, za11,12,13-c, s2-c.

and send me a screen after apply
What a nightmare Razer mouse drivers are but I think I was able to accomplish everything you asked me to do. Check screenshots to confirm. Thanks again!

Note: Turns out the 'Razer Control Device' driver is required to communicate w/ Razer Synapse Software so I can configure my mouse settings so I had to re-enable this one.
all nice, but remove non connected old devices from devicecleanup
Ahhh, thought I did that already. I think when I disabled all of those devices, new 'non-connected old devices' reappeared again. I just cleared it out again. I did make an observation on the keyboards drivers install dates however and wonder if it's a problem. After performing all of the steps and disabling all devices except the mouse driver on my USB controller I noticed one of the keyboard drivers disappeared. I've been looking at the install dates of keyboard drivers and the newest one being today dating 6/12 is no longer under keyboards in device manager. Now all 4 drivers only show the existing date of 6/3 which may have been the original install date.

Is it a problem that the most current keyboard installed driver is no longer under Keyboards in device manager? I attached a snip showing what all HID Keyboard Device driver install dates are. The newest installation dating 6/13 disappeared after a reboot from disabling other usb input drivers on my usb controller.
More on this... I reset my settings and reinstalled my razer mouse to see what the razer keyboard drivers being installed are because my mouse felt off. Turns out the keyboard drivers being installed are oem19.inf and oem20.inf. When I disable all of the devices you said I should disable, these drivers are now disabled and removed leaving only old keyboard driver entries from 6/3 even though I installed today. I'm just speculating here but I wonder if this is a problem? Here are more screens to better illustrate What I'm trying to convey. Are these drivers even necessary? I honestly don't know.

I have one more screen which I'll post right after this one. Looks like I'm maxed out.
Attachments
2022-06-12 15_50_10- 1.png
2022-06-12 15_50_10- 1.png (66.08 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
2022-06-12 15_51_48- 2.png
2022-06-12 15_51_48- 2.png (65.5 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
2022-06-12 15_53_14- 3.png
2022-06-12 15_53_14- 3.png (80.23 KiB) Viewed 3163 times

kokkatc

Post by kokkatc » 12 Jun 2022, 18:03

kokkatc wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 18:02
kokkatc wrote:
Slender wrote:
kokkatc wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 00:39

What a nightmare Razer mouse drivers are but I think I was able to accomplish everything you asked me to do. Check screenshots to confirm. Thanks again!

Note: Turns out the 'Razer Control Device' driver is required to communicate w/ Razer Synapse Software so I can configure my mouse settings so I had to re-enable this one.
Ahhh, thought I did that already. I think when I disabled all of those devices, new 'non-connected old devices' reappeared again. I just cleared it out again. I did make an observation on the keyboards drivers install dates however and wonder if it's a problem. After performing all of the steps and disabling all devices except the mouse driver on my USB controller I noticed one of the keyboard drivers disappeared. I've been looking at the install dates of keyboard drivers and the newest one being today dating 6/12 is no longer under keyboards in device manager. Now all 4 drivers only show the existing date of 6/3 which may have been the original install date.

Is it a problem that the most current keyboard installed driver is no longer under Keyboards in device manager? I attached a snip showing what all HID Keyboard Device driver install dates are. The newest installation dating 6/13 disappeared after a reboot from disabling other usb input drivers on my usb controller.
More on this... I reset my settings and reinstalled my razer mouse to see what the razer keyboard drivers being installed are because my mouse felt off. Turns out the keyboard drivers being installed are oem19.inf and oem20.inf. When I disable all of the devices you said I should disable, these drivers are now disabled and removed leaving only old keyboard driver entries from 6/3 even though I installed today. I'm just speculating here but I wonder if this is a problem? Here are more screens to better illustrate What I'm trying to convey. Are these drivers even necessary? I honestly don't know.

I have one more screen which I'll post right after this one. Looks like I'm maxed out.
Last screenshot.
Attachments
2022-06-12 15_54_34- 4.png
2022-06-12 15_54_34- 4.png (81.69 KiB) Viewed 3162 times

kokkatc

Post by kokkatc » 13 Jun 2022, 01:23

kokkatc wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 18:03
kokkatc wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 18:02
kokkatc wrote:
Slender wrote:

Last screenshot.
Edit: Razer drivers are a nightmare. For starters, Razer drivers install 2 keyboard drivers for unknown reasons. In my case oem19.inf and oem20.inf. I can't seem to figure out how to get this mouse to track consistently for long periods of times so I've decided to abandon this mouse altogether.

I'm going back to my pulsar xlite wireless mouse which appears to be very easily 'clean installed' and tracks perfectly with no discernible input lag. Maybe I'll spend more time on figuring out how to get Razer mice drivers/devices to work properly in the future but this has caused enough frustration as is.

Fwexzy

Post by Fwexzy » 13 Jun 2022, 13:16

Slender wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 09:20
skkiNN wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 04:53
skkiNN wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 15:56
Vocaleyes wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 15:24
What if there is no option to disable USB input devices?
@Slender please man can u make a video tutorial for doing this fresh mouse install? im missing some steps because of my bad english and im so sure i'm having mouse issues like u described.
Please broskiii @slender help me out :(
f5,f10
Hi Slender, did I do everything right? (I cleaned everything and reinstalled the mouse driver), but why aren't the mouse drivers on top (the topmost red cross)? Does it affect which usb port my mouse is plugged into?
Attachments
Capture222.PNG
Capture222.PNG (81.2 KiB) Viewed 3029 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Jun 2022, 20:59

Fwexzy wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 13:16
Hi Slender, did I do everything right? (I cleaned everything and reinstalled the mouse driver), but why aren't the mouse drivers on top (the topmost red cross)? Does it affect which usb port my mouse is plugged into?
It's often preferable to have keyboard and mouse in completely separate USB root hubs anyway.

When you move the mouse or keyboard plugs, they will show up in different locations in these Device Manager. If you swap the mouse/keyboard plugs, the entries will also automatically swap in Device Manager. The location of USB devices in Device Manager is often dependant on which port you plug the USB device.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 13 Jun 2022, 23:59

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 20:59
Fwexzy wrote:
It's often preferable to have keyboard and mouse in completely separate USB root hubs anyway.

When you move the mouse or keyboard plugs, they will show up in different locations in these Device Manager. If you swap the mouse/keyboard plugs, the entries will also automatically swap in Device Manager. The location of USB devices in Device Manager is often dependant on which port you plug the USB device.
Noticed that my keyboard entries were above my mouse entries (same root hub though). When I switched the plugs around- their entry orders didn't change.

But when I plugged mouse in first (same port as original), and then keyboard, the mouse entries were on top. Does the order they're plugged matter?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Jun 2022, 00:07

Shade7 wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 23:59
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Fwexzy wrote:

Noticed that my keyboard entries were above my mouse entries (same root hub though). When I switched the plugs around- their entry orders didn't change.

But when I plugged mouse in first (same port as original), and then keyboard, the mouse entries were on top. Does the order they're plugged matter?
Yes, it can affect the order of enumerating the USB devices.

As long as they're separate root hubs, the order doesn't really matter in my experience (unless they're contending the same USB root hub).

There should only be one high-Hz pollrate device per root hub anyway, otherwise they can start interfering with each other's performance. That part is way more important.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 14 Jun 2022, 00:13

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 00:07
Shade7 wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Fwexzy wrote:

As long as they're separate root hubs, the order doesn't really matter in my experience (unless they're contending the same USB root hub).

There should only be one high-Hz pollrate device per root hub anyway, otherwise they can start interfering with each other's performance. That part is way more important.
Other than mouse/keyboard, do the other devices using the same PCI bridge matter? Root hub found with Audio controller, Network Controller, etc.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Jun 2022, 00:21

Shade7 wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 00:13
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 00:07
Shade7 wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:

Other than mouse/keyboard, do the other devices using the same PCI bridge matter? Root hub found with Audio controller, Network Controller, etc.
Yes, and even more especially if you're using pollrates above 1000Hz.

I highly recommend such ultra high pollrate have its own dedicated USB root hub, even if you have to purchase a PCIe USB card and plug your Razer Viper 8KHz or Corsair Sabre PRO 8KHz mouse into it. Such ultra high pollrate devices are extremely sensitive to being jittered by other USB traffic on the same USB hub.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 14 Jun 2022, 01:09

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 00:21
Yes, and even more especially if you're using pollrates above 1000Hz.

I highly recommend such ultra high pollrate have its own dedicated USB root hub, even if you have to purchase a PCIe USB card and plug your Razer Viper 8KHz or Corsair Sabre PRO 8KHz mouse into it. Such ultra high pollrate devices are extremely sensitive to being jittered by other USB traffic on the same USB hub.
Hmmm- I see, already using PCIE for network adaptor (disabled onboard)

Any recommendations for PCIE USB cards?