Strobe Utility does not launch.

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Walde

Strobe Utility does not launch.

Post by Walde » 08 Aug 2018, 06:33

Hey!

Whenever I try to launch the Strobe Utility, I get the following error:
I cannot find any window or process linked to the Strobe Utility. Reinstalling the program didn't work, nor did rebooting. The Strobe Utility version is 2.0.9.

My monitor is BenQ Zowie XL2411P.

Walde

Re: Strobe Utility does not launch.

Post by Walde » 13 Aug 2018, 05:46

There's nothing on this?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 13 Aug 2018, 11:02

You can PM the author of the tool, I guess:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Aug 2018, 17:23

Usually mark[at]blurbusters.com is the best way. But I'll address it here.

1 -- Do you have Strobe Utility in your Windows startup? If so, is there a Strobe Utility window running in a hidden area (e.g. located off desktop) or in another Windows login? (Unlike for ToastyX or LightBoost utilities and others, it's not necessary to put Strobe Utility into the Startup)

2 -- Theoretically another app might unexpectedly mis-detect another window as Strobe Utility.
Try restarting in Safe Mode; does it run? If it works, then there may be a bug.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Walde

Post by Walde » 16 Aug 2018, 04:41

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Usually mark[at]blurbusters.com is the best way. But I'll address it here.

1 -- Do you have Strobe Utility in your Windows startup? If so, is there a Strobe Utility window running in a hidden area (e.g. located off desktop) or in another Windows login? (Unlike for ToastyX or LightBoost utilities and others, it's not necessary to put Strobe Utility into the Startup)

2 -- Theoretically another app might unexpectedly mis-detect another window as Strobe Utility.
Try restarting in Safe Mode; does it run? If it works, then there may be a bug.
Thank you for your reply!

I double-checked if the app was somehow in my Windows startup, but no. So I tried launching it using the safe mode - And it launched just fine. :o