Benq Service+Factory Menus, VT info, AMA Low tweak

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Falkentyne

Re: Benq Service+Factory Menus, VT info, AMA Low tweak

Post by Falkentyne » 04 Mar 2021, 17:52

A Solid lad wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 08:26
Any idea how to access the service/factory menu on the newer K models? (ex. XL2411K, XL2546K)
Are those the ones with joysticks or only with buttons?
The button ones should be the same as before, with maybe one of the positions different.
Someone posted how to get into the joystick ones.

Are you trying to get into the Strobe settings? Or into the setting with "OD Gain"? (I think some of the models that don't have the realtek scalar don't have the OD Gain options in the factory menu).

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 07 Mar 2021, 20:02

Falkentyne wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 17:52
A Solid lad wrote:
Any idea how to access the service/factory menu on the newer K models? (ex. XL2411K, XL2546K)
The button ones should be the same as before, with maybe one of the positions different.

Are you trying to get into the Strobe settings? Or into the setting with "OD Gain"? (I think some of the models that don't have the realtek scalar don't have the OD Gain options in the factory menu).
I want to enter both the factory (OD gain) and service (strobe stuff) menu on the new joystick ones.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Mar 2021, 17:49

A Solid lad wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 20:02
Falkentyne wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 17:52
A Solid lad wrote:

I want to enter both the factory (OD gain) and service (strobe stuff) menu on the new joystick ones.
I'm sorry. Try to look at one of the other threads with a joystick model because I saw the method posted. I didn't save it since I still have an ancient XL2720Z.

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 09 Mar 2021, 03:59

It's alright, thank you!

shushan

Post by shushan » 31 Dec 2021, 04:27

A Solid lad wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 03:59
It's alright, thank you!
Yo brother, did you ever find a way to open the service menu on the K models?

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 07 Jan 2022, 12:36

Haven't upgraded from my XL2540, as there isn't a monitor from BenQ which I would consider to be a sizeable upgrade from it.
Yeah, the faster response times on the XL2546K are nice, but I prefer the older version stand on my 2540, and the money I have left by not upgrading.
After trying many monitors, I'll only buy a BenQ for HFR gaming... the OSD features (eg. BlackEQ, Vibrance, Sharpness) are dialed-in the best with them... and I don't want to live without instant profile switching, which (unlike with other manufacturers) includes nearly every setting.
(It's really annoying when a monitor has profile switching, but certain settings remain the same, no matter the profile selected... so u have to change those as well, anytime u switch profiles, which makes switching almost pointless... this is a case with a lot of other manufacturers' monitors... so yeah, stuck with Benq for many-many reasons, I could go on further.)

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 07 Jan 2022, 19:20

A Solid lad wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 12:36
and the money I have left by not upgrading.
I'm a huge fan of that simple comment :)

Ozzuneoj

Post by Ozzuneoj » 02 Feb 2022, 22:20

After much irritation, I managed to get into the factory menu. Can we please fix the instructions in the OP?
2b) XL2420Z, XL2430T, XL2720Z and XL2730Z, XL2735 (reported also on XL2546, XL2540): buttons 3 and 4 with power off for 5+ seconds, and then pressing the power button while continuing to hold the buttons down, will unlock the factory menu.

3) button 5 enters factory menu.
The numbering of the buttons does not state if we're counting from the top or bottom, when in fact we are counting from the TOP (top button is 1, last button directly above power is button 5). The irritating thing is that the instructions for entering the service menu count in the opposite direction, clearly mentioning "button 2 from the bottom".

Anyway, I know this is far less relevant all these years later, but it's no less irritating than it was 5 years ago the last time I tried to get into this menu using these instructions. If the monitor had real buttons it would make it easier to deduce which way is correct, but with these touch-sensitive buttons it's possible to spend several minutes attempting to mash buttons while never being sure if you're just not pushing them correctly (and therefore, one isn't registering as being held for 5+ seconds).

PLEASE edit the OP so that the numbering of the buttons matches BOTH sets of instructions. It's crazy to have them numbered differently within one post.