[CONFIGURATION] BenQ XL2720Z - Some setting are greyout

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Hooch

[CONFIGURATION] BenQ XL2720Z - Some setting are greyout

Post by Hooch » 16 Jun 2014, 11:49

Hello.

It is not really problem connected with this website. But this is the most active forum that is about BenQ gaming monitor.
I'm sorry for Offtopic.

While changing my setting suddenly "Black eQualizer" option is greyed out. I can't activate/change it. Why is that? I had it on for few minutes and now I can't access it. (The same for Low Blue Light, but I don't care for that one).

I'm really confused. Anyone can help me?

UPDATE:
Ok... I see that I can't access "Black eQualizer" only in "Gamer123" modes. That is strange because those are "Gaming" modes. Any way to fix it?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [CONFIGURATION] BenQ XL2720Z - Some setting are greyout

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jun 2014, 07:42

Yes, it is he Gamer1/2/3 mode that doesn't allow this adjustment. It is the design of the gamer modes to lock out some settings...

You can replicate the major gamer modes from scratch by doing picture adjustments in the non-Gamer modes to match the picture of the gamer mode. It is a roundabout solution, but allows you to be able to achieve this.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Hooch

Re: [CONFIGURATION] BenQ XL2720Z - Some setting are greyout

Post by Hooch » 18 Jun 2014, 10:00

I don't understand something then.
Black eQualizer is strictly gaming option. Why is it not available in Gamer mode?

Also. Is there any fast way of switching between standard mode and gamer mode? For now I have to scroll through whole list of modes to get to standart which takes some time considering that it takes about 2 seconds to switch from one item on list to another.
This shows what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZtSsVHRazk