I'm curious about my MStar ISP upgrader.

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Axle Grease

I'm curious about my MStar ISP upgrader.

Post by Axle Grease » 20 Jun 2014, 03:00

What does the switch do?

What do the red, yellow, and green LEDs signify?

What is the purpose of the three 4-pin headers? A small ribbon cable arrived with the unit and fits into the middle header and is terminated at one end only.

Why are there two VGA connectors?

Can this upgrader be used on other monitors and, if so, where would I find a compatibility list?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: I'm curious about my MStar ISP upgrader.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Jun 2014, 08:35

Axle Grease wrote:What does the switch do?

What do the red, yellow, and green LEDs signify?

What is the purpose of the three 4-pin headers? A small ribbon cable arrived with the unit and fits into the middle header and is terminated at one end only.

Why are there two VGA connectors?

Can this upgrader be used on other monitors and, if so, where would I find a compatibility list?
The four pin, I think is the JTAG ICE header, used for In-Circut Debugging.
One VGA is an input connector, and the other is an output connector, as I understand it.
Not sure of LEDs, but I know one of them is a DATA indicator.

Yes, it is used for upgrading HDTVs and monitors at the factory. Instructions are hard to come by and most use easier firmware upgrade methods. But the Z-Series is the only consumer 120Hz monitor that is upgradeable by consumers. It was not intended to be upgradeable, but the Version 2 firmware situation (the artifact in blur reduction mode) pushed things forward, so that users have a choice.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Axle Grease

Re: I'm curious about my MStar ISP upgrader.

Post by Axle Grease » 20 Jun 2014, 20:20

Thank you, Chief.