benq xl2411z

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
mixxo

benq xl2411z

Post by mixxo » 25 Jun 2014, 16:01

If i press the buttons on the monitor i can find a function "blur reduction" which ofc takes away lots of the blur (tested with ufos). So i wonder, is the only thing Blur Busters Strobe Utility do is make it easier to find the right settings for me? What i mean, can i do everything that i do on Blur Busters Strobe Utility right from the monitor just that it will take more time?

Also, on the Blur Busters Strobe Utility guide at the very bottom it says "Blur Busters disclaims all responsibility for any damage or injury caused by these instructions. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK." Is it known to break stuff? Or make the monitor last shorter? If my monitor actually would break and i still have warranty, it shouldnt be a problem because the monitor would have no signs of external force and the warranty guys would just think it broke down. They wouldnt be able to know how i used my monitor right?

varkanoid

Re: benq xl2411z

Post by varkanoid » 25 Jun 2014, 16:19

mixxo wrote:If i press the buttons on the monitor i can find a function "blur reduction" which ofc takes away lots of the blur (tested with ufos). So i wonder, is the only thing Blur Busters Strobe Utility do is make it easier to find the right settings for me? What i mean, can i do everything that i do on Blur Busters Strobe Utility right from the monitor just that it will take more time?
No not exactly. As you notice turning on blur reduction lowers the brightness. You can just turn the brightness upto 100 and you may be happy with it. What the utility allows you to do is increase the currently set brightness by sacrificing response time for you. For instance I have brightness at 80 if I turn on blur reduction the brightness lowers, if I then run the utility and change persistance to around 4.0ms then the brightness returns to the same level (ie 80) I had before I turned on blur reduction.
mixxo wrote: Also, on the Blur Busters Strobe Utility guide at the very bottom it says "Blur Busters disclaims all responsibility for any damage or injury caused by these instructions. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK." Is it known to break stuff? Or make the monitor last shorter? If my monitor actually would break and i still have warranty, it shouldnt be a problem because the monitor would have no signs of external force and the warranty guys would just think it broke down. They wouldnt be able to know how i used my monitor right?
Its just to protect themselves because part of using the utility is if on firmware v1 you need to upgrade your firmware to v2 to use this utility and as thats included in their instructions and may go wrong and "brick" your monitor then it is your own risk.

mixxo

Re: benq xl2411z

Post by mixxo » 25 Jun 2014, 16:34

No not exactly. As you notice turning on blur reduction lowers the brightness. You can just turn the brightness upto 100 and you may be happy with it. What the utility allows you to do is increase the currently set brightness by sacrificing response time for you. For instance I have brightness at 80 if I turn on blur reduction the brightness lowers, if I then run the utility and change persistance to around 4.0ms then the brightness returns to the same level (ie 80) I had before I turned on blur reduction.

So if i use the utility i will sacrafice response time, but if i use the blur reduction function on the monitor and just set the brightness to 100 i will not sacrafice response time?