Unable to upgrade my XL2420Z to F/W v2

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Django

Unable to upgrade my XL2420Z to F/W v2

Post by Django » 14 Jul 2014, 14:19

Hello everyone,
I'm really getting frustrated here. I've been trying to upgrade my monitor for 7 hours now with no results. The problem is: No matter what I do, the ISP Tool won't find my monitor. All I get is " Cannot instal driver to your system! Your print port will not work!" And I can assure you that I've done everything that has been suggested on this forum.
What we know:
- This is a DIY version of the mstar isp and it has been used for upgrading once already, and also succesfully
- I checked if there was any damage from shipping it to me, and I'm sure the dongle is fine
- I'm using my friends computer which has a lpt port on motherboard. The port seems to be working, and I set the bios address to 0378 and the mode to Bi-directional. Also tried with normal mode.
- I've tried booting computer, unplugging monitor, trying to upgrade in standby, different plug-in orders, run as administrator, everything that has been suggested and what comes in mind.
- This computer is running on windows 7

Help please?

Edit: Okay, I did a lot of reaserch and testing and it came down to this: Windows 7 does not talk with the parallel ports in the way the upgrade requiers. I'm going to try the vista method later this week. Wish me luck!

Django

Re: Unable to upgrade my XL2420Z to F/W v2

Post by Django » 15 Jul 2014, 18:30

Does anyone know if XP "talks" with parallel ports better than 7?

Q83Ia7ta

Re: Unable to upgrade my XL2420Z to F/W v2

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 15 Jul 2014, 20:08

Django wrote:Does anyone know if XP "talks" with parallel ports better than 7?
No.
May be "Copy the ftd2xx.dll file (from the zip file) into the same folder as the ISP tool executable." from http://www.blurbusters.com/benq/diy-fir ... -z-series/
If this doesn't help check may be this driver is unverified by Microsoft and somehow you didn't see message about it (and windows ignores install this driver).