XL2411z setup problem [fixed]

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Sonny Prince

XL2411z setup problem [fixed]

Post by Sonny Prince » 13 Aug 2014, 16:40

Ok, I got a new 2411z 2 days ago and I used the toastyx pixel clock thingy and the vt 1502 trick. I am also using the strobe busters strobe utility. I have read and reread all the posts I could find before venturing into playing with anything and everything worked ok at first. But today I turned my puter on and when I hit blur reduction it gave me a black screen. My strobe settings were reset. When I checked the service menu the duty was 12 and the phase was 100, definitely not what I left them at (4 and 0), also the sinle strobe setting was changed (whats it supposed to be anyways?) I had to play with them for a bit and finally got them to work. Any ideas why it reset? It seems there was an issue with my monitor listening to what my stobe utility was telling it to do?? I don't know as I'm a complete noob here, sorry.

I just want to add that although the colors were washed out the gaming performance was the best I've seen so far with a non-crt monitor. Thanks to everyone who posts usable info here like masterotaku and the Chief.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2411z setup problem

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Aug 2014, 22:31

Sonny Prince wrote:But today I turned my puter on and when I hit blur reduction it gave me a black screen. My strobe settings were reset. When I checked the service menu the duty was 12 and the phase was 100, definitely not what I left them at (4 and 0), also the sinle strobe setting was changed (whats it supposed to be anyways?)
The single strobe setting is for support of 60Hz strobing -- rather than the default double-strobe (120 strobes per second at 60Hz). Proper blur reduction occurs during single strobe, however, it can create more flicker.

As for the strobe settings, I'm not sure why the settings were reset. The monitor blacks out when large VT settings are used with large Crosstalk settings, so Crosstalk needed to be readjusted back to 0. It may have been a transient glitch, caused by random things such as unplugging the monitor without saving the adjustment settings first, etc.

It seems everything is working good so far -- please let me know if this happens again.
Sonny Prince wrote:...the gaming performance was the best I've seen so far with a non-crt monitor. Thanks to everyone who posts usable info here like masterotaku and the Chief.
You're welcome!
Glad you are enjoying the performance of blur reduction.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!