HELP factory reset Blur Busters Strobe Utility

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Depo

HELP factory reset Blur Busters Strobe Utility

Post by Depo » 16 Oct 2023, 04:58

Hello everyone,

I downloaded the Blur busters strobe utility tool for my XL2566K. I was silly enough not to make note oft the original calibration settings in the app. I'd like to basically revert my monitor back to its default values before using the app.

Note: I haven't used CRU or Toasty, just simply the Strobe Utility app.

Any help appreciated.

Depo

Re: HELP factory reset Blur Busters Strobe Utility

Post by Depo » 18 Oct 2023, 11:02

Bump.

Anyone??

Moderators?

🫥

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Oct 2023, 21:34

You have to factory reset via the monitor menus, to get the original strobe data.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Depo

Post by Depo » 23 Oct 2023, 19:04

Thanks Chief,

Just to confirm I don't need to reset anything using CRU either?

Not that I used CRU it's just I did a search and on here and the only info retrieved was someone saying you have to use the reset.exe from CRU as well?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Oct 2023, 17:25

Depo wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 19:04
Thanks Chief,

Just to confirm I don't need to reset anything using CRU either?
If you want to remove the Large Vertical Totals (custom modes, custom refresh rates, etc), yes, you have to run ToastyX reset-all.exe too, in addition. This resets your Windows operating system to only use the original Plug-n-Play EDID's that the monitor is giving to your display.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!