Motion blur reduction black screen [fixed]

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
soulhunter0504

Motion blur reduction black screen [fixed]

Post by soulhunter0504 » 20 Aug 2014, 23:49

I have recently purchased a XL2411Z and I have just received it today. Everything went perfectly fine and I was enjoying toying with my monitor for the day.

It all started when I reset the settings to factory default, I toyed with a few things and all of the sudden the screen went completely black. I restarted my computer and everything worked from the bios to the login screen and it went black once again.

I fixed everything from then and dvi works again, I think there was an issue where when motion reduction is on it darkens the screen very heavily and then suddenly it is completely black like before. I can now run my new monitor without motion blur reduction but this is not what I want to do, I also want to use the strobe utility. Whenever I try to turn blur reduction on it gives me the same black screen, any way to fix this? I tried to use strobe utility without the reduction on because it doesn't work and the utility does not work as well anymore for me.

Thank you for your input.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Motion blur reduction black screen

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Aug 2014, 00:28

Try these:
- Switch to a different refresh rate before turning on blur reduction
- Adjust crosstalk to 0
- Now try the original refresh rate.

Does this work?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

soulhunter0504

Post by soulhunter0504 » 21 Aug 2014, 00:45

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Try these:
- Switch to a different refresh rate before turning on blur reduction
- Adjust crosstalk to 0
- Now try the original refresh rate.

Does this work?
Works like a charm! Thanks.

I have a different question if you would be so kind:

When I am on my desktop I check the system information and it tells me 1080p@60. Should it be 60hz at desktop and chromium?

I also play a certain game; Rust. When I check the system information it says @60 as well while in csgo it displays @120. Rust seems smoother than my old 60hz monitor and I was wondering if this is just a bug on the information while it runs at a perfect 120?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Aug 2014, 01:42

soulhunter0504 wrote:I also play a certain game; Rust. When I check the system information it says @60 as well while in csgo it displays @120. Rust seems smoother than my old 60hz monitor and I was wondering if this is just a bug on the information while it runs at a perfect 120?
The on-screen information on the monitor is flawed when running the VT1350 tweak.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!