Strobe Utlity for Battlefield 4 / 3

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
LiftedSeven

Strobe Utlity for Battlefield 4 / 3

Post by LiftedSeven » 30 Aug 2014, 02:14

Can someone give me a bit more understanding on how much input delay do I have with the following settings versus no Blur Reduction turned on?

This seems to be a sweetspot according to motion test.

1. If I move Persistence to the right or left, am I really affecting input lag of the video (some people said no on these forums), why is it measured in ms though?

2. Would moving Crosstalk to the right or left decrease or increase input lag of the video? (I keep reading yes)

I wish someone can tell me some actual figures of delay with Blur Reduction I have now, so I can decide which setting should I run the game with or whether I need it at all.

I have BenQ 2720Z monitor, firmware V2. Obviously the lowest input lag is the best for me, but I have to say for some odd reason with Blur Reduction my eyes feel better looking at the screen at same exact amount of brightness as I matched it to regular screen as well.

Thank you, guys

P.S. I'm referring to this thread here:
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=835

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Strobe Utlity for Battlefield 4 / 3

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Sep 2014, 22:05

1. Adjusting persistence doesn't affect input lag. However, it does affect brightness -- and brighter images are easier to see (for your human brain to react quicker to).

2. Adjusting crosstalk can affect input lag. Minimum lag occurs at leftmost slider setting. The whole adjustment range is about 2-3 milliseconds, but the image quality often looks the best (especially during VT1350) when the slider is at its leftmost position or near-leftmost position. The best versus worst case adjustments will only add 2 to 3 milliseconds of lag.

Persistence is measured in milliseconds, as it relates to the strobe flash length, and also to amount of motion blur (1ms = 1 pixel of motion blurring during 1000 pixels/second). Persistence in milliseconds is different from GtG in milliseconds.

You can see its effect on motion blur by watching http://www.testufo.com/photo (Especially try the Panning Map test at 1920 pixels/second), and then sliding "Persistence". You'll see the motion clarity be affected by this.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

masterotaku

Re: Strobe Utlity for Battlefield 4 / 3

Post by masterotaku » 03 Sep 2014, 04:16

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Minimum lag occurs at leftmost slider setting.
Are you completely sure about that? In the alien invasion test, I can see that when I increase the crosstalk setting, the image that appears is one frame ahead (meaning more recent) of the image I get at the leftmost setting. That's why I always try to use the highest crosstalk setting I can.
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws Z 3866MHz CL19
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming M5 Z270
Monitor: Asus PG278QR