What's best settting for FPS games ?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
casinca

What's best settting for FPS games ?

Post by casinca » 08 Sep 2014, 12:29

Hello

According to this thread http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1282 i have similar questions.

I'm struggling like the OP's thread to find the proper settings for fps game (BR or not BR) on a xl2420z v2.

For fps game game like CS:GO or TF2, Chief said for less input lag its better no BR at 144Hz.
But in BBSU with crosstalk set to 0 (i mean max left) and persistence to 2.5 (not related to input lag) do you think BR is worth extra input lag (3ms) compared to no BR and 144hz ?

What would you recommend for fps, can't decide myself.
Can't really notice if someone with 1ms input lag and someone else with ~ 4ms (1 from monitor +3 with BR) is a real advantage or a marketing one.

also i previously had a xl2420t (old model 2ms) with lightboost at 10%, wanted to know how much input lag is added by lightboost ? i know that BBSU is ~ + 3ms but i dont know about lightboost. Maybe it might help me deciding compared to my previous screen.

thanks for the help.