How to revert settings

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
mitaaah

How to revert settings

Post by mitaaah » 19 Sep 2014, 20:08

hey!

I wanted to try out this ultility, but i don't really like it. Is there a way i can revert all this settings? Ive factory reset my benq xl2411z and setup my game profile myself again. Does this mean the settings that the program (strobe utility) has changed are also resetted?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: How to revert settings

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Sep 2014, 18:26

mitaaah wrote:hey!
I wanted to try out this ultility, but i don't really like it. Is there a way i can revert all this settings? Ive factory reset my benq xl2411z and setup my game profile myself again. Does this mean the settings that the program (strobe utility) has changed are also resetted?
Factory reset will reset the monitor-side settings to default, but will not reset the Vertical Total 1350 tweak.

Can you describe what made you not like the utility? It will help me improve the utility for the future.

Also, there's a much simpler way to factory reset. Simply turn "Override" off. The monitor is back to factory default Blur Reduction settings. For resetting the Vertical Total 1350 tweak, then that's not the utility -- resetting that is done via removing it from NVIDIA Custom Resolution or ToastyX CRU instead.

Added note: If the monitor went black during the VT1350 tweak, Crosstalk simply needs to be reset back to 0 before applying the VT1350 tweak.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

mitaaah

Post by mitaaah » 21 Sep 2014, 17:06

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
mitaaah wrote:hey!
Factory reset will reset the monitor-side settings to default, but will not reset the Vertical Total 1350 tweak.

Can you describe what made you not like the utility? It will help me improve the utility for the future.

Also, there's a much simpler way to factory reset. Simply turn "Override" off. The monitor is back to factory default Blur Reduction settings. For resetting the Vertical Total 1350 tweak, then that's not the utility -- resetting that is done via removing it from NVIDIA Custom Resolution or ToastyX CRU instead.

Added note: If the monitor went black during the VT1350 tweak, Crosstalk simply needs to be reset back to 0 before applying the VT1350 tweak.

I couldn't find how to reset the app is one of the reasons for me atleast "Also, there's a much simpler way to factory reset. Simply turn "Override" off. The monitor is back to factory default Blur Reduction settings."

Now that i know how i can get back to default i will prolly look more into the app. Thanks for fast anwser!

arfett

Post by arfett » 27 Sep 2014, 17:02

What are the default settings for the XL2720Z?

I didn't know this application was poorly designed in that the mouse scroll wheel can change settings and I thought I was focused back on my browser when used the wheel. If you want to improve your application I would suggest removing the mouse scroll wheel functionality.

mitaaah

Post by mitaaah » 28 Sep 2014, 05:08

don't know the default settings for that monitor im using the 2411z. Maybe reinstall the program so it gets back to default? Im not using the program anymore so everything is default, ill just keep gaming with 144hz :)

zjxlsbb

Post by zjxlsbb » 26 Aug 2016, 19:28

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
mitaaah wrote:
first time come here, browsing thru all the stuff you created, amazing and remarkable job.
just coz that , i bought my first 144hz xl2411z.
long story short: i tried the VT1350 & the utility thing to make my monitor blur-free @120hz with reasonable brightness.

in the end, i gave up. changed to 144. but i forgot to mod back many other setting.

so this weird thing always happens : flickering occasionally, sometimes all 3 monitor go black, and after few seconds, only 1 monitor goes back up which is the one connect to the DVI port of my gtx1070.(my main monitor xl2411z). And Nvidia driver seems gone after that, right click on desktop, the control panel is not there anymore, nor the Gforce experience is in the notification area. However, restart pc completely fix all this, but the flickering starts again.

the flicker is so random. it maybe happens right after i got into desktop. or maybe hours later.

and sometimes i feel like scrolling through browser is way easier to trigger this problem and leads to black screen.

BUT!

i suddenly remember that i did all those tweak for my monitor!

and i quickly bring up my monitor menu (display adapter properties), wow, it shows i am on 120hz. so somehow something changed that from 144 for me. and you guessed, it must happened during the black screen. and it must have something to do with VT1350 thing.

SOOOOO

i quickly go to resolution profile, delete all the custom profile. i just want native 144hz with 1080p.

no more utlity , no more VT1350. no more worry about the brightness.

AAAAANND

now, i think i am safe from flickering.

the purpose of this post is just telling some thing i experienced and maybe solved by me already. for future reference.

in the end, i want to thank you again for that program. it really worked like charm. i really liked the blur-free thing.

but the brightness is what defeat me eventually. with 2ms on the setting, or 1.5ish, it is just not bright enoough.(my room is dark and pc is silent focued,) after few hours game play and normal day to day usage, i still value the brightness more than that "bit" motion blur or (pixel resistance)