Motion blur on alien test with multiple monitors.

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Dings3

Motion blur on alien test with multiple monitors.

Post by Dings3 » 20 Sep 2014, 15:37

So I am running the Alien Invasion test at http://www.testufo.com/#test=photo&phot ... 0&height=0

I have a BENQ XL2420Z with firmware v2.

Now my problem is that sometimes if my second monitor (60Hz) is connected all the aliens are very blurred, but as soon as I unplug it, the aliens on my BENQ become crystal clear.
So I plug my second monitor in again, the aliens are still sharp, then I move around a window to the second monitor or for whatever reasons the aliens all get blurred again.
I ran the test both with firefox and chrome and it still shows 144 fps after I plug my second monitor in.

Ok it seems like it only happens when I put the browser in fullscreen mode on my BENQ, if the window is not fullscreen size, the aliens are still sharp.
So I how can this be if the case if the test runs at 144 fps?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Motion blur on alien test with multiple monitors.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Sep 2014, 17:42

Running different monitors at different refresh rates, can interfere with the framerate of the TestUFO animation. It's best to run TestUFO motion tests only on the primary monitor, preferably with the other monitors disconnected.

TestUFO will sometimes work properly if you have no other windows open (especially not on the 60Hz monitor, and only have it open on the 144Hz monitor.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dings3

Re: Motion blur on alien test with multiple monitors.

Post by Dings3 » 20 Sep 2014, 20:21

Ok thanks that might be it, still it sometimes shows 144Hz even though it is blurred.