Dark purple tint + Crushed blacks when using strobe light

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
eLust

Dark purple tint + Crushed blacks when using strobe light

Post by eLust » 26 Dec 2014, 21:52

hey guys my friend suggested that i use the lightboost mod because he noticed it helps a lot with the motion blur on benq monitors.

i have the benq xl2420te and i used the toastx method and the custom resolution. my colors feel really off and theres a terrible purple tint all over my screen. it feels as if the bottom of the monitor isnt affected as much as the top (feels like a gradient from top to bottom).

i noticed that the motion blur is reduced by a lot and it is a lot easier to track targets on CSGO but i just can stand these colors!

ive tried some of the basic trouble shooting already but feel free to post what has worked for you guys or if i did something wrong.
im currently using an nvidia gtx 680 graphics card on driver 344.11 without the physx or 3d drivers installed.

Falkentyne

Re: Dark purple tint + Crushed blacks when using strobe ligh

Post by Falkentyne » 26 Dec 2014, 22:21

You should post this in the lightboost forum. This forum is for benq blur reduction, which the TE and the older T models don't have (2430T is actually a new version of the 2420Z)

Only way to fix purple tint is to lower the contrast (down to 37 or lower) or use a custom ICC profile. And you aren't going to get good colors and deep blacks in lightboost mode without calibration/ICC adjustments.

eLust

Post by eLust » 26 Dec 2014, 22:43

Falkentyne wrote:You should post this in the lightboost forum. This forum is for benq blur reduction, which the TE and the older T models don't have (2430T is actually a new version of the 2420Z)

Only way to fix purple tint is to lower the contrast (down to 37 or lower) or use a custom ICC profile. And you aren't going to get good colors and deep blacks in lightboost mode without calibration/ICC adjustments.
i couldnt find proper icc adjustments for my monitor. maybe i wasnt looking hard enough. are there any presets out there that work well?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 26 Dec 2014, 22:48

The monitor you have is much older than this forum, but most lightboost monitors have very similar colors.
Try googling for "Lightboost ICC profile" there should be some hits somewhere.

You can also buy a Spyder Pro or another hardware calibrator and make the ICC profile yourself! You just need to use one of several tools to make sure your ICC profile gets applied in fullscreen directX games.