XL2720Z Owners ROLL CALL -- possible strobe issue workaround

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2720Z Owners ROLL CALL -- possible strobe issue workar

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Feb 2014, 15:21

defalkner wrote:Will the Blur Busters Strobe Utility be able to correct the synchronizing?
Yes, it allows you to adjust strobe timing to where it should be. It can adjust timing of the strobe (relative to blanking interval) earlier and later.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Mouzuone

Post by Mouzuone » 19 Feb 2014, 11:08

I set it up with my AMD 7700 and there is no difference. I didn't think CRu had any effect at all (hence the question before) until I changed the frequency from 60Hz to 125Hz (to match the game I play) in Toasty's CRU and the whole picture was messed up and flickering. I suppose because I had 120 set up in CCC and 125Hz in ToastyX CRU. Does that make it 250Hz and I should've chosen 62.5Hz in CRU, instead? What would happen if I set 60 in CCC and 125 in CRU?

InskayDanork

Post by InskayDanork » 03 Mar 2014, 10:47

I got an official statement from BenQ today, seems like there isn't gonna be any new firmware.
"BenQ’s Statement for Motion Blur Reduction on XL – Z Series :

“Motion blur or Ghosting is a characteristic that is found in all monitors. Other brands of monitor will
also have the same symptom. BenQ has created a feature that will reduce this blur. This is known as
motion blur reduction.

When BenQ’s Motion blur reduction feature is enabled, the XL-Z series is one of the most effective in
reducing motion blur, when compared to most other brands.

BenQ’s position is that this feature is running correctly and as intended for optimisation in gaming.

The XL – Z series are already built with the latest firmware version specifically designed for
optimising gaming compatibility. There is no Firmware release planned for this series on the motion
blur reduction feature, since the current setting setup has already been designed for an optimised
gaming experience.

There have been many unofficial solutions published on websites that offer users the freedom to
adjust the level of motion blur. Please check the related information on these websites since BenQ
does not guarantee the functionality and performance of these solutions.

BenQ acknowledges that there is currently some discussion in online forums relating to this matter,
and will continue maintaining its respect towards the views and opinions of such forums and
individuals. Nevertheless, BenQ wishes to express that it cannot be held accountable for any
statements made by third parties on its behalf.

The BenQ Team."
This was sent to me by the German BenQ Customer Service as an PDF.
Did somebody else get a different Statement? D:

defalkner

Post by defalkner » 03 Mar 2014, 17:32

I have to say the UFO test is good but running the Chase Squares full screen really exposes the area that's most problematic - the absolute bottom of the monitor is not so bad its only about 25% up from the very bottom. I have 3 Asus VG248's with the strobe utility running & it puts the BenQ XL2720 to shame. Although the BenQ's colors are far superior at any refresh rate.

Another thought - I wonder why flashing new firmware wouldn't be possible with the available USB ports on the side of the monitor? You think in dev mode that BenQ would have incorporated a serial link with the USB for this purpose (and flash off a thumb drive) like many TV's are capable of (unless the hardware is completely isolated from the mainboard) :?: . Just a thought.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Mar 2014, 21:48

See new thread: http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=385
Presenting our solution to fix the problem with BENQ Blur Reduction on your BENQ monitor:
http://www.blurbusters.com/benq-strobe- ... ouncement/

Announcing the Blur Busters Strobe Utility for BENQ Z-Series monitors!
This Utility will be released March 12, 2014 for XL2420Z, XL2720Z and XL2411Z.

This utility fixes more than 90% of the strobe crosstalk problem (double-image effect) during BENQ Blur Reduction. See before & after photos. It requires this utility to fix.

The utility provides a huge range of persistence adjustability for similiar to LightBoost 10% vs 50% vs 100%, including the ability to go dimmer than LightBoost=10% (plus ultra sharp motion!) or brighter than LightBoost=100%.
This will only work on compatible Z-series monitors.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Mar 2014, 17:49

UPDATE:
For those anticipating the release of the Blur Busters Strobe Utility:

(1) I am still waiting for the code signing certificate, as I registered for a Windows Authenticode code signing certificate, since it authenticates my executable as a safe download. This may take one-to-two more weeks, so the first public beta release will be an unsigned download at first.

(2) I am currently undergoing a decision-making process about whether or not to hold back the public release Blur Busters Strobe Utility (after my original March 12 date) until the forthcoming announcement. Meanwhile, if you send a PM, I will respond within one-to-two days with a download link for Blur Busters Strobe Utility for you to try out on your existing Z-Series.

I am allowed to say:
"An update is forthcoming so please stay tuned for regional news on each of the BenQ sites."
I can't say further specifics at this time yet.

kuschluk

Post by kuschluk » 12 Mar 2014, 09:03

sry

phroaig

Post by phroaig » 12 Mar 2014, 18:28

OPHELIA: What is, my lord?

phroaig

Post by phroaig » 12 Mar 2014, 18:29

HAMLET: Nothing.