Blur Reduction & Strobe Utility and windows 10

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Falkentyne

Re: Blur Reduction & Strobe Utility and windows 10

Post by Falkentyne » 16 Jul 2016, 17:59

I don't use windows 10 nor do I use an Nvidia card, so I don't know anything about any issues with drivers or whatever.
Did you read the ToastyX CRU forums?
Did you update the patcher to the latest version?
I have an AMD card and W7. I can't help with Nvidia issues and I know nothing about windows 10 (Yet).

But I *HIGHLY* suggest you use the service menu. the windows utility is not needed. It was just created to make it easier for people to make blur reduction changes without needing to know what the values 'meant' in the service menu, and it was also created so that people wouldn't shut their blacklight off by using a "too high" strobe phase value.

You also need to know that the "Earlier strobe phase" and "Later strobe phase" marks on the windows utility is reversed. It was not known at the time, but only after me and Masterotaku found out, that Strobe phase=100 is an EARLIER strobe phase---strobes within the CURRENT FRAME, while Strobe Phase=000 is LATER STROBE PHASE--strobes in the *NEXT* frame (1 frame ahead= 1 frame of extra input lag).

The windows utility should say "later strobe phase" on the left (=strobe phase 000) and "earlier strobe phase" on the right (CAPPED at Strobe Phase 047 to prevent people from shutting the backlight off with VT tweaks).

Just remember: the service menu can do EVERYTHING the windows utility can do and more:
1) the service menu lets you use strobe phase up to 100.
2) the windows utility is NOT designed for when VT tweaks are NOT used--when a VT tweak is NOT used, strobe phase 100 should be used in competitive gaming for lower input lag. Strobe phase 000 should be used for slower games or RPG's where input lag doesn't matter.
3) The windows utility FORCES "Single strobe"=ON, whenever ANY slider is changed. This was to avoid a "bug" with V002 firmware where, if SS were OFF, strobe changes didn't take effect at 100-144hz refresh rate, often when enabling blur reduction through the OSD. This bug was fixed in v003-004 firmware.
On V003, and V004/V005 (XL2720Z), you can keep Single Strobe=Disabled if you will never use refresh rates LOWER than 100hz. 100hz-144hz ignore this setting anyway.

So I say: update your toastyX CRU.
read the CRU forums.
Update your patcher.
Use the service menu.
And remember to pay very close attention to my numbers :

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467

You need to know how strobe duty and strobe phase interact with each other, and how VT tweaks combined with refresh rates limit the max strobe phase.

It's hard work but once you learn everything, you'll have full control over your monitor and can create custom refresh rates for any game you want, just to "Lock FPS to refresh rate".

Example:

Can't maintain 100FPS at all times in ur FPS? Losing matches cuz ur game stutters?
But you NEVER drop below 80 fps??

CREATE AN 80HZ REFRESH RATE with a VT 1497-vt 1502 (only one value in this range will be stable without stuttering), and enjoy 80 fps/80hz gaming. (you will probably need Strobe phase 068 + Strobe duty 006, I'm guessing the Strobe phase limit for 80hz +VT tweak is 074 (THIS IS A GUESS). Edit: For 80hz, only use VT 1498 and VT 1501. VT 1502 is NOT stable at 80hz.

^^This is power.

shaca

Re: Blur Reduction & Strobe Utility and windows 10

Post by shaca » 17 Jul 2016, 05:53

dude, ur a machine xD
tnks a lot for all that info.
i rly forgot to visit toastyx forum, im going to give it a read and try to understand all of this that you wrote here.
ill come back to you if i have any doubts.
again, tnks a lot for all the info and help mate...