Blur Busters not recognizing correct firmware?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Ryuu

Blur Busters not recognizing correct firmware?

Post by Ryuu » 08 Sep 2016, 20:48

Hey all,

It seems that my Strobe Utility incorrectly recognizes the firmware of my monitor. My monitor is on firmware version V004-20141205 (version 4), while the Strobe Utility recognizes it as firmware version 1. What stumps me is that the monitor worked fine with using the strobe utility on my older computer, which means that it's able to use the strobe utility and my current hardware shouldn't be malfunctioning.

ImageHere's a picture with the service menu open to show the firmware and the strobe utility recognizing it as V001. [/img]

Anyone know any fixes? Thanks.

Falkentyne

Re: Blur Busters not recognizing correct firmware?

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Sep 2016, 20:56

The fix is to use the Service Menu. The service menu makes the same adjustments the strobe utility makes anyway, and unlike the strobe utility, you can use the service menu while playing games, without needing to alt tab, and having it unlocked doesn't hurt you at all, since "button 4" opens the service menu (I think, it does on the touch sensitive monitor versions), and you can still use the OSD.

The only thing you need to do right now is to set the STROBE PHASE To 000. A strobe phase of 100 cannot be used if you use the "Vertical Total VT 1500 tweak". The reasons behind that are explained in the sticky.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467

Once you get good with tweaking the monitor, and learn the strobe phase limits, you will find what is optimal for you, based on the refresh rate.

The "override" checkbox in the strobe utility was a workaround for a bug in firmware V002. The override box enables the "single strobe=on" switch. Also moving the sliders enables override also. In V002 firmware, custom strobe adjustments would not always take effect if single strobe were set to OFF, at 100hz and higher. This bug was fixed in V003 firmware, so the override isn't even needed anymore (unless you want single frame strobing LOWER than 100hz).