Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

BENQ Zowie XL2720 - Best Settings for Consoles

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2720 - Best Settings for Consoles

Postby Falkentyne » 23 Aug 2017, 00:42

Best to try it for yourself. This is something only your eyes can answer, and it takes a whole 3 seconds to change the Single Strobe setting (as long as the service menu is unlocked).

Double strobe looks really bad--it looks like a double image effect with less blur. Single Strobe will flicker at 60hz but looks smooth. I suggest you test them for yourself and decide. I would rather have blur reduction off, than have it double strobe at 60hz, but everyone is different.
Falkentyne

Postby hiroshimus » 25 Aug 2017, 10:04

Ill try it out for sure.

But you personally prefer sinlge strobe with blur reduction off right?

Any other values you like to tweak a little that you think is good for better gameplay experience?

;)

Falkentyne wrote:Best to try it for yourself. This is something only your eyes can answer, and it takes a whole 3 seconds to change the Single Strobe setting (as long as the service menu is unlocked).

Double strobe looks really bad--it looks like a double image effect with less blur. Single Strobe will flicker at 60hz but looks smooth. I suggest you test them for yourself and decide. I would rather have blur reduction off, than have it double strobe at 60hz, but everyone is different.
hiroshimus

Postby Falkentyne » 25 Aug 2017, 17:43

Single strobe and blur reduction off are completely opposite.
Single strobe is for blur reduction on, strobing once per frame lower than 100hz.
This setting is ignored and assumed always on at 100hz and higher.
I always keep it on.
Falkentyne

Previous

Return to BENQ/Zowie Tweaking — Strobe Utility / Blur Reduction / DyAc