TIP: Good Overdrive Settings for BenQ/Zowie XL2546

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
evmadic

Re: TIP: Good Overdrive Settings for BenQ/Zowie XL2546

Post by evmadic » 20 Feb 2022, 04:16

Busterino wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 14:48
Hello,

don't know if somebody has already posted this, but I'd like to share the settings I've found for the benq xl2456.
Following this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467, entering the factory menu, "OD" -> "OD GAIN" the hexadimal value "3F" is the value which gives the most clear image while using 240 Hz, dyac set to "off" and AMA to "Premium". The binary value is "0011 1111" and decimal "63".
Testing this http://www.testufo.com/#test=ghosting, "1080 pixel per second", I see no ghosting anymore (upper ufo), just a barely noticeable tail following the ufo at the top left corner (middle) and the same for the bottom ufo.

It's still not the same visual clarity as with dyac set to "Premium/High" but way way way better than with the "OD GAIN" set to the standard "4C". Pretty impressive :o
Now, during movement, absolutely everything looks incredible sharp.
I know this post is going on 5 years old but I only just now found it and have had my XL2546 for four years now and going strong D:
I'm also a die hard Quake player and this setting was extremely helpful for me as the difference in Quake Champions is noticeably improved, especially in close range fights! Thank you so much for this
5800x3d, RTX 4070 ti, Acer Nitro XV252QF 390Hz
https://www.twitch.tv/evmadic

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Feb 2022, 18:07

evmadic wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 04:16
Busterino wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 14:48
Hello,

don't know if somebody has already posted this, but I'd like to share the settings I've found for the benq xl2456.
Following this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467, entering the factory menu, "OD" -> "OD GAIN" the hexadimal value "3F" is the value which gives the most clear image while using 240 Hz, dyac set to "off" and AMA to "Premium". The binary value is "0011 1111" and decimal "63".
Testing this http://www.testufo.com/#test=ghosting, "1080 pixel per second", I see no ghosting anymore (upper ufo), just a barely noticeable tail following the ufo at the top left corner (middle) and the same for the bottom ufo.

It's still not the same visual clarity as with dyac set to "Premium/High" but way way way better than with the "OD GAIN" set to the standard "4C". Pretty impressive :o
Now, during movement, absolutely everything looks incredible sharp.
I know this post is going on 5 years old but I only just now found it and have had my XL2546 for four years now and going strong D:
I'm also a die hard Quake player and this setting was extremely helpful for me as the difference in Quake Champions is noticeably improved, especially in close range fights! Thank you so much for this
We need manufacturers to add 100-level overdrive in onscreen menus -- an overdrive slider adjustment.

Overdrive is a complex picture quality tradeoff and the mere 3 to 5 settings most manufacturers provide, is woefully imperfect.
search.php?keywords=overdrive&terms=all ... mit=Search
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

hyyliiight

Post by hyyliiight » 23 Mar 2022, 06:45

Hey guys i am using xl2746s, DYAC off and playing around with the OD numbers, i felt good with 3F as well, does it mean higher the value faster the Panel ? I am playing PUBG uncapped fps max 300 can someone recommend me an OD Level for my panel ?

ty

evmadic

Post by evmadic » 06 Sep 2022, 08:56

I'm currently playing Quake Champions with DyAc at 'Premium', AMA at 'High', and the OD setting is at it's default of 38 for this DyAc setting.
Yes it does add the slightest bit of input lag and I do really enjoy playing aiming gamemodes like Unholy Trinity or Impulse 9 with DyAc 'Off', AMA at 'Premium', and the OD setting at 3F so that my LG hits like a truck. But for 1vs1 Duel, DyAc gives me a clear advantage for hitting rails.

I also wanted to add that the Area setting which can be changed in the BlurBustersStrobeUtility (along with intensity) or in the factory menu has been best for me right around a setting of 40/100. I was a bit confused over what this setting actually does but I haven't noticed any changes in input lag when testing it from 0-100.

What I have noticed is that adjusting Area moves the occurrences of crosstalk. Since I play Quake Champions and mainly focus on the center of my screen (where the crosshair is), I want the center to be as crystal clear as possible. Setting Area to 40 has given me the best result.
5800x3d, RTX 4070 ti, Acer Nitro XV252QF 390Hz
https://www.twitch.tv/evmadic