Zowie xl2411 utitility detection issues?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
afx7

Zowie xl2411 utitility detection issues?

Post by afx7 » 23 Nov 2017, 12:48

I got my monitor last week but I cant get the strobe utility to detect it. I tried all the troubleshooting steps except I couldnt ''disable the service menu'', I tried holding button #2 for 5 sec and then powering on, also tried this with button 3 and 5, no service menu showed up .

its manufacture date is August 2017, Could this be using a new firmware version?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Zowie xl2411 utitility detection issues?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Nov 2017, 17:09

afx7 wrote:I got my monitor last week but I cant get the strobe utility to detect it. I tried all the troubleshooting steps except I couldnt ''disable the service menu'', I tried holding button #2 for 5 sec and then powering on, also tried this with button 3 and 5, no service menu showed up .

its manufacture date is August 2017, Could this be using a new firmware version?
It can be the cable and port.

Try a different port/different cable -- sometimes this solves the problem. The issue is some DVI cables have a missing DDC/CI wire which means the computer cannot communicate to the monitor. This is rare, but it happens. Switching to DisplayPort vs DVI also often solves this. Once you're done, you can also always switch the cable back. (You can also temporarily try a different computer too, such as a laptop connected to the monitor)

Also, Strobe Utility doesn't work if the monitor is in Service/Factory menu mode. Disable that before trying Strobe Utility.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

afx7

Post by afx7 » 24 Nov 2017, 20:02

Chief Blur Buster wrote: Also, Strobe Utility doesn't work if the monitor is in Service/Factory menu mode. Disable that before trying Strobe Utility.
Thanks for reply, how is this done? how do I know which mode im in?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2017, 12:12

afx7 wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote: Also, Strobe Utility doesn't work if the monitor is in Service/Factory menu mode. Disable that before trying Strobe Utility.
Thanks for reply, how is this done? how do I know which mode im in?
Bring up the monitor menu via the button.
--> If main OSD appears (e.g. common menu), you're fine
--> If service menu or factory menu appears (e.g. unfamiliar menu), you need to power cycle your monitor first to exit.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!