Is that normal when DyAc on and you still seeing ghosting?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
a26905092

Re: Is that normal when DyAc on and you still seeing ghostin

Post by a26905092 » 23 Jan 2018, 05:44

Chief Blur Buster wrote:The use of a lower refresh rate and/or a Large Vertical total will help greatly -- see http://www.blurbusters.com/crosstalk

Short technical answer: Strobing (DyAc, etc) at a monitor's maximum Hz will be full of strobe crosstalk. For greatly reduced crosstalk with DyAc or any strobe backlight, you need more headroom between refresh cycles to hide pixel transitions (LCD GtG) in the dark while the screen is still being refreshsed -- so a refresh rate slightly lower than maximum, and an enlarged VBI (via various tricks -- sometimes manufacturer automatic such as ULMB -- or manual such as Large Vertical Totals via CRU). This creates longer idle periods between refresh cycles to let pixels finish transitions in the dark cycle between strobe backlight flashes. Strobe crosstalk is the resulting visibility of incomplete LCD pixel transitions that overlaps at least two consecutive strobe flashes.

Simple end user answer: Lower your refresh rate to reduce strobe crosstalk, and:
-- Additional step #1: For monitors that don't do large VBI automatically (like ULMB/LightBoost does) you may need to a Custom Resolution Utility to create a Large Vertical Total.
-- Additional step #2: Adjust your strobe phase ("Area" setting or via using Strobe Utility) for lowest strobe crosstalk in the screen centre.
Falkentyne wrote:Because I was asking him a personal question. And I don't want to post personal information publicly. Sorry. And I already mentioned the answer here anyway. It's in the XL2540 thread under OD Gain (Factory menu) with screenshots there.
Sorry For that late reply, And I can not read PM at my carry forum level

My origin 2546 is send to the BenQ in the day I post this issue
Because it is defect ,A light line cross over the monitor when DyAc on Premium
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HQ6pbf ... RIYwz_PVwV
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wCe_AG ... U587SvDQo5
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nGL9hq ... IqUKdayTHE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15pJ72X ... sp=sharing <--jpeg origin Picture file

And the new one just arrived to day with the Taiwan region BenQ manager and his sidekick
He pick up a "perfect"(no defect) one for me , looking like a CES exhibition level quality
The contrast is much better they first one and the color is more accurate too (same setting)
when I turn off the AMA in the Crosstalk Test this one is almost no dark blue shadow near the UFO
(even the air temperature is lower)

every thing looking great , But the DyAc have not change
still inverse ghosting ,Even my XL2420Z Blur Reduction have less ghosting

I don't know the SRGB he force to not tell me , But the yellow looking like my old ASUS 6-bit TN monitor
other color is looking near same with XL2420Z

As his attitude and he force to not recognition the defect so he don't have to eat his words
(He tell me before , If new product have defect they you will have a free upgrade)
So I ask he to take it back also refund.

Now I was thinking to get Samsung 1 ms MPRT monitor
If the TN will have ghosting I thing all LCD will have too
Just looking for more clarity on dynamic and bright around 200/nits when low blurry tech on will do

Now I can get
ACER XZ271 A
MSI G27C2
MSI AG32C

Did not on market yet
ACER XZ271 U
MSI MAG27CQ
Samsung C27HG70

Did any one know where can I found the brightness date of 1 ms MPRT mode on?

p.s my 2546s looking like this Image but the Alien face is more clarity and the ghosting is more fade out feel
and XL2420Z looking like this Image almost same

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Jan 2018, 12:57

a26905092 wrote:p.s my 2546s looking like this Image but the Alien face is more clarity and the ghosting is more fade out feel
and XL2420Z looking like this Image almost same
Remember, you can't do 240Hz strobing with low strobe crosstalk.

With some careful CRU tweaking, the XL2546 can do 144Hz strobing MUCH better (less crosstalk) than the XL2420Z does, if you use Large Vertical Totals. An apples-vs-apples.

Basically, approximately a ~VT1800 to VT2000+ -- as humongous as possible -- which is superior to VT1350. The Blur Busters Advanced Crosstalk FAQ explains this in more detail.

(The XL2420Z is incapable of Large Vertical Totals during 144Hz, while the XL2546 is)

(Animated PNG -- view in any web browser except IE/Edge).

Before/After Large Vertical Total.

This is the difference that super-large Vertical Totals can do (+also when Area is adjusted correctly). On the XL2540 and XL2546, Vertical Totals of ~VT2200 or bigger bigger than the Active, for 1080p120Hz produces a huge ~4.2ms VBI to let the 1ms TN GtG to settle between refresh cycles -- making for much cleaner strobing between refresh cycles.

As a rule of thumb, the bigger the Vertical Total for unbuffered (line-buffered) LCD panels, the faster the panel scans out, and the longer the panel pauses between refresh cycles. That's more time for pixel transitions to finish unseen between strobe flashes. Thus, much less strobe crosstalk.

Sorry to hear that the XL2546 didn't meet your needs, but it's important to know that you need refresh rate headroom for good strobing at lower refresh rates. 240Hz greatly improves 144Hz strobing, and because of humongous Vertical Total capabilities, you can even do usable XL2540/XL2546 ~160-180Hz strobing with approximately similar strobe crosstalk as XL2720Z ~120Hz strobing.

I've seen Image achieved at approximately ~160-170Hz on the predecessor XL2540, with judicious maximization of Large Vertical Total (to maximum possible 240Hz dotclock, but still using 160Hz) combined with careful 'Area' adjustment (Factory Menu) or 'Crosstalk' adjustment (newer Strobe Utility). The instructions for custom Large Vertical Total modes are found in Appendix A of blurbusters.com/crosstalk ....

I realize this isn't easy stuff (that's why many of us love NVIDIA ULMB -- they do an amazing job of plug-and-play strobing, as long as we put up with limitations like 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz). That said, some other vendors' strobe backlights get much better with Large Vertical Totals.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 24 Jan 2018, 21:23

Chief, can you fix his forum level so he can read PM's?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2018, 22:54

Falkentyne wrote:Chief, can you fix his forum level so he can read PM's?
It is a global forum setting.

People need 5 posts to send PMs. We had a moment where hundreds of chinese-language spams were sent. Registered throwaway accounts. We'd rather not tickle the tiger....

A new system will be made later, like a strong filter and captcha for sending a PM. But for now...
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 25 Jan 2018, 16:08

a26905092
add me on Wechat (name is Falkentyne, that's my ID) and we can talk. Or QQ# 85305071

a26905092

Post by a26905092 » 26 Jan 2018, 05:39

Chief Blur Buster wrote: Remember, you can't do 240Hz strobing with low strobe crosstalk.

With some careful CRU tweaking, the XL2546 can do 144Hz strobing MUCH better (less crosstalk) than the XL2420Z does, if you use Large Vertical Totals. An apples-vs-apples.

Basically, approximately a ~VT1800 to VT2000+ -- as humongous as possible -- which is superior to VT1350. The Blur Busters Advanced Crosstalk FAQ explains this in more detail.

(The XL2420Z is incapable of Large Vertical Totals during 144Hz, while the XL2546 is)

(Animated PNG -- view in any web browser except IE/Edge).

Before/After Large Vertical Total.

This is the difference that super-large Vertical Totals can do (+also when Area is adjusted correctly). On the XL2540 and XL2546, Vertical Totals of ~VT2200 or bigger bigger than the Active, for 1080p120Hz produces a huge ~4.2ms VBI to let the 1ms TN GtG to settle between refresh cycles -- making for much cleaner strobing between refresh cycles.

As a rule of thumb, the bigger the Vertical Total for unbuffered (line-buffered) LCD panels, the faster the panel scans out, and the longer the panel pauses between refresh cycles. That's more time for pixel transitions to finish unseen between strobe flashes. Thus, much less strobe crosstalk.

Sorry to hear that the XL2546 didn't meet your needs, but it's important to know that you need refresh rate headroom for good strobing at lower refresh rates. 240Hz greatly improves 144Hz strobing, and because of humongous Vertical Total capabilities, you can even do usable XL2540/XL2546 ~160-180Hz strobing with approximately similar strobe crosstalk as XL2720Z ~120Hz strobing.

I've seen Image achieved at approximately ~160-170Hz on the predecessor XL2540, with judicious maximization of Large Vertical Total (to maximum possible 240Hz dotclock, but still using 160Hz) combined with careful 'Area' adjustment (Factory Menu) or 'Crosstalk' adjustment (newer Strobe Utility). The instructions for custom Large Vertical Total modes are found in Appendix A of blurbusters.com/crosstalk ....

I realize this isn't easy stuff (that's why many of us love NVIDIA ULMB -- they do an amazing job of plug-and-play strobing, as long as we put up with limitations like 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz). That said, some other vendors' strobe backlights get much better with Large Vertical Totals.
I do want to do custom resolution and Vertical Total trick.
But I looking they are already looking down to phone become a phubber.

And he tell me before I can not enter Factory Menu and he will NOT help me with that setting.
Or you will lose your warranty , Also he will check the log file on monitor when you use your warranty.

I was thinking Strobe Utility in the time , but I'm lazy to application for version beta 1.6 on first one 2546.
I do mentioned this software to him , he say this is not Taiwan BenQ recognized But he did not say anything about warranty.

So I was thinking there is not too much room to adjust at time , and I don't want waste his time any more.
(Also noticed DyAc Premium will get maximum brightness , Maybe it will burn motion first?)
Last edited by a26905092 on 26 Jan 2018, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.

a26905092

Post by a26905092 » 26 Jan 2018, 05:43

Falkentyne wrote:a26905092
add me on Wechat (name is Falkentyne, that's my ID) and we can talk. Or QQ# 85305071
added on QQ , Sorry did not add on Wechat
I got my really face on Wechat