how enable DyAc on ZOWIE XL2735

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Samanw

how enable DyAc on ZOWIE XL2735

Post by Samanw » 13 Jan 2018, 18:27

Hello,
How can i enable ZOWIE XL2735 DyAC i've tried holding middle button while monitor is OFF but it aint working, turning monitor on is not working at all while holding it

lexlazootin

Re: how enable DyAc on ZOWIE XL2735

Post by lexlazootin » 13 Jan 2018, 19:30

Isn't it just in the setting in the OSD? just flip through the settings, you should find it.

Samanw

Post by Samanw » 13 Jan 2018, 22:18

lexlazootin wrote:Isn't it just in the setting in the OSD? just flip through the settings, you should find it.
thx for answering,
there is nothing with Dyac (Dynamic Accuracy) Title in it

Samanw

Post by Samanw » 14 Jan 2018, 07:26

managed to find it , have to hold button 4 then turn off , and again hold it and turn on

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 14 Jan 2018, 11:39

Ah, you were mixing up the codes.
There are two menu codes.

The first one is holding button 3 and 4, when powering on.
That allows you to enter the factory menu (via button #5), where you can change a VERY useful setting, called "Overdrive Gain" (OD Gain). This lets you remove (or increase) the inverse ghosting, far better and with far more precision than the AMA setting in the OSD. There's some other diagnostic stuff there, which is basically useless.

The menu with the strobe settings is the service menu, that's where you have the DyAC (Benq Blur Reduction) and Area (Strobe Phase) and Intensity (Strobe Duty) settings.

Can I ask you a question please?

I assume your monitor is a newer firmware revision.
Do you have anything that says "Single Strobe" in there?

Coexist

Post by Coexist » 30 Oct 2018, 19:54

I tried this when I first got the monitor

And reading this lead me to retry....

The default setting for AMA High is 65 in the service menu. However I want to use 40 as this seems a lot better for ghosting.
If I set 40 in the service menu it just defaults back to High (65) after a power cycle. I have tried setting AMA to off and then using the service menu to set the value and it still defaults back to OFF after a power cycle.

So how do you override the OSD setting without having to enter the service menu each time I use the panel.

Starting to feel like this panel was a colossal waste of money tbh as even with a VT2018 @ 110Hz the strobe crosstalk is pretty bad. The ghosting is also pretty bad. I've actually gone back to non-strobed 144Hz for games, as the consistent blur seems easier for my eyes to deal with than the issues with strobing on this panel.

My last blur reduction monitor the XL2411Z was amazing in comparison all be it with washed out colours.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Oct 2018, 20:00

Custom AMA tuner

Can you do a test for me and download Entech Taiwan SoftMCCS.exe?
And see if you can adjust the custom AMA setting without going to the Factory Menu? Usually custom overdrive is a special manufacturer-defined VCP code in the 0xE0 through 0xFF range.
1. Usually enabled by default, but enable VESA DDC (MCCS) to permit windows software control of monitor menus
2. Go to Factory Menu and set the custom overdrive, say "65" which is the same as "0x41" hexadecimal
If you're using "40" then the hexadecimal equivalent is "0x28"
3. Exit Factory Menu
4. Launch SoftMCCS
5. Look for any setting that currently say "65" or "0x41" (if using 65) or currently says "40" or "0x28" (if using 40) ... probably near the bottom
6. While looking at www.testufo.com/ghosting in a browser window, try adjusting the SoftMCCS. If AMA behavior changes, you've found a way to adjust custom AMA without the Factory Menu!

If you've succeeded, then you've readjusted custom AMA without the factory menu. Please report your findings here, and I might consider adding AMA tuning capability to Blur Busters Strobe Utility, so that it's a very quick slider job.

My experience with strobe crosstalk quality of 1080p versus 1440p:

1080p panels tend to strobe better than 1440p panels at the moment, for some reason. No matter the brand / manufacturer.

The 1440p panels don't seem gain very good accelerated-scanout capability with Large Vertical Total tricks
(Large Vertical Total is a trick used to speed up the panel scanout of individual refresh cycles & create longer pauses between refresh cycles to let LCD GtG finish before a new refresh cycle begins -- this really helps reduce strobe crosstalk -- ala "cramming more LCD GtG into the VBI".)

This may change with 0.5ms 1440p panels or 240Hz-compatible 1440p panels.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Coexist

Post by Coexist » 30 Oct 2018, 20:26

I have had a good scan through the Monitor Control Command Set within the softMCCS UI and I can't seem to find anything relating to Overdrive or AMA or values of 65 or 0x41.

Not sure if I'm missing something.

Have to agree Re. 1440p and strobing.
I rubbed salt into my own wounds as bought a Acer 1440p IPS panel with g-sync and ULMB. It's lovely but I had started playing FPS games again and even in ULMB the blur of the 4ms panel was horrible. Great for everything else but as I was into FPS I thought i'd splash on a fast TN panel. Wish I had just swapped the IPS panel for the TN version and saved myself a lot of money! Now I just have two very expensive monitors I'm not entirely happy with lol :)

edit:

Appreciate the XL2735 being added to the utility though. A big help as so much easier to adjust. The built in UFO test is also ace. Thanks.

Coexist

Post by Coexist » 30 Oct 2018, 21:01

right, read your post again and played with the Manufacture specific options

So the command line is:

Manufacturer specific - 0xF0

It only has 3 settings however: 0, 1 and 2 i.e. OFF, High, Premium

None of the other sliders seem to do anything, at least regards AMA

Edit: after setting 40 in the factory menu and exiting, softMCCS and the Blur Buster Utility wont function until the monitor is power cycled. At which point the monitor reverts to the OSD settings of either OFF, High, Premium depending on what is set.
So its not possible to communicate fully with softMCCS whilst factory menu is 'active' even if its not physically showing on the screen.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Oct 2018, 22:17

Damn, I was hoping your monitor would have a VCP code for the custom AMA values. If that existed, then I could do software magic on it, even possibly auto-reset the value everytime the monitor is powered up again.

There is one longshot hope, though. Sometimes hidden codes (not listed in MCCS) has it.
Since we already know the default for AMA High is 65 or hexadecimal 0x41, we can try to hunt for this value in a different way:

In SoftMCCS hit F10 to bring up the Command Processor then type

GetControl 10

You should get output similar to:

23:09:00.96788...Incoming API call: GetControl 10
23:09:00.97289.....[S] <6E:w> 51 82 01 10 AC [P]
23:09:01.0288A.....[S] <6F:r> 6E 88 02 00 10 00 00 64 00 40 0A*[P]

VCP control code 10 is brightness, which is currently set to hex 64 (which is decimal 100). I can change my monitor menu OSD brightness by typing "SetControl 10 32" to halve my screen brightness. For the MCCS (Monitor Control Command Set) Version 2.2 API, google "VESA MCCS 2.2 PDF" and you'll see a list of what codes corresponds to what adjustments.

Unfortunately there is no MCCS standard for strobe tuning or overdrive tuning, although Blur Busters currently is developing a strobe tuning standard API (monitor manufacturers can contact me at mark[at]blurbusters.com).

____

Hunting for possible undocumented VCP registers that corresponds to the custom AMA setting:
First, set AMA to a known value (e.g. AMA High) which is 65 in Factory Menu (decimal 65 equals hex 41)
However, you can read some undocumented VCP registers that don't even show up as manufacturer specific, in the SoftMCCS command line processor (F10 key):

GetControl E0
GetControl E1
GetControl E2
GetControl E3
GetControl E4
GetControl E5
GetControl E6
GetControl E7
GetControl E8
GetControl E9
GetControl EA
GetControl EB
GetControl EC
GetControl ED
GetControl EE
GetControl EF
GetControl F0
GetControl F1
GetControl F2
GetControl F3
GetControl F4
GetControl F5
GetControl F6
GetControl F7
GetControl F8
GetControl F9
GetControl FA
GetControl FB
GetControl FC
GetControl FD
GetControl FE
GetControl FF

And seeing if you find any instances of hex "41" in the output console where I've highlighted in red. If you've found it, try adjusting it manually using a "SetControl ## ##" -- first two hex digits is the VCP command (e.g. E0) and last two digits is new value to set.
You may also attempt hunting other undocumented VCP from 00 thru FF even non-manufacturer-specific. For example, 0x40 thru 0x4F is sometimes repurposed for custom adjustments.

This veers into advanced / programmer territory -- but if you find your eureka, I'll give you a free Strobe Utility beta installer with a custom AMA tuner. If it works, then I may make AMA tuning an official feature of Strobe Utility 2.1
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!