ANNOUNCED: Blur Busters Strobe Utility -- for BENQ Z-Series!

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
phroaig

Re: ANNOUNCED: Blur Busters Strobe Utility -- for BENQ Z-Ser

Post by phroaig » 13 Mar 2014, 06:42

omna wrote: XL2411Z Manufacture date: December 2013, I can't find the firmware version.
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... =230#p3652
Service menu. Turn off monitor. Hold MENU (the 2nd last touch dot) while tapping the POWER touch button. Wait 5 seconds for monitor to boot up. When monitor is on, tap MENU. Firmware version number is displayed in this Service Menu.

whilson

Post by whilson » 13 Mar 2014, 07:46

v001 20131203 can i use the software ?:S

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Mar 2014, 09:14

Sent beta invitations by PM.
For reports, please send me a PM.
If the utility does not work, then stay tuned for the forthcoming news for the solution.

An update is forthcoming so please stay tuned for regional news on each of the BenQ sites.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Cyberdk

Post by Cyberdk » 13 Mar 2014, 09:21

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Sent beta invitations by PM.
For reports, please send me a PM.
If the utility does not work, then stay tuned for the forthcoming news for the solution.

An update is forthcoming so please stay tuned for regional news on each of the BenQ sites.
Any idea when the news gonna be..dont have to say waht it is about..just if hours or days/weeks :-D

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Mar 2014, 10:25

Cyberdk wrote:Any idea when the news gonna be..dont have to say waht it is about..just if hours or days/weeks :-D
I am unable to say specifically when -- I would however guide expectations towards "this month" rather than "next century".
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Johnny_R

Post by Johnny_R » 13 Mar 2014, 10:28

I just registered on the forum for the public beta but it is impossible to send a PM here without having to participated more it seems :(

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Mar 2014, 10:29

Johnny_R wrote:I just registered on the forum for the public beta but it is impossible to send a PM here without having to participated more it seems :(
For those people who cannot send PMs, you can also email me at mark [at] blurbusters.com to get a Beta invite!

stiocke

Post by stiocke » 13 Mar 2014, 10:32

Hi, i have a benq BENQ XL2720Z, can you pm the link to try it?

masterotaku

Post by masterotaku » 13 Mar 2014, 11:28

I received today the monitor. In the box it says that the manufacturing date is December 2013.
When I start the utility, it says "No BenQ Z-Series Monitors have been detected" :evil: . Upper part of the monitor: "OMG best monitor ever". Bottom part: "Meh, double image".

3D is great, though (as it uses lightboost). The monitor cost me 46€ under the official price. I wonder if it would be better to return it or wait for BenQ announcement, as it may be cheaper to send it to them to upgrade it instead of buying one directly from them. My monitor is pixel perfect, so I don't want to risk it a second time.
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws Z 3866MHz CL19
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming M5 Z270
Monitor: Asus PG278QR

whilson

Post by whilson » 13 Mar 2014, 11:32

got the same problem as masterotaku , dont know what to do :/