Xl2411 blur reduction help

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Misha1337

Xl2411 blur reduction help

Post by Misha1337 » 22 Mar 2018, 07:04

I just got my first 144hz monitor 3 months ago. When I tried it for first it was great with very low input lag and rlly saw a huge difference on my game play but 2 weeks ago it started to act very weird it doesn't feel like 144hz any more especially at gun fights I got a decent pc so it's not fps issue. Yesterday I run out of ideas but I tried using blur reduction and to my surprise is eliminated some but not all my input lag but I saw a difference also it enhanced the image quality that I was suffering from (jagged lines with higher AMA) but the only drawback that the monitor is Soo dim atm. So my monitor is broken ? And why it's not working like before ?

I heard of the strobe utilities but idk how to use it cuz am afraid to broke the monitor

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Xl2411 blur reduction help

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Mar 2018, 13:32

Misha1337 wrote:I just got my first 144hz monitor 3 months ago. When I tried it for first it was great with very low input lag and rlly saw a huge difference on my game play but 2 weeks ago it started to act very weird it doesn't feel like 144hz any more especially at gun fights I got a decent pc so it's not fps issue.
Upgrading Windows & graphics drivers sometimes resets the refresh rate back to 60 Hz without letting you know!
Sometimes installing new Windows or new drivers, sometimes resets the refresh rate. So you have to fix it back.

Try going to "Settings" -> "Change Display Settings" -> "Adaptor Properties" Link -> "Monitors" Tab -> Screen refresh rate -> "144 Hz".

Then test your refresh rate at http://www.testufo.com/refreshrate in FireFox or Chrome. (If your browser is stuck at 60Hz, follow this)

Believe me, it's common! You are not alone! I hear popular reddit stories of people running 144Hz monitors at 60Hz for months or years. While we can appreciate many improvements Microsoft certainly did as of recent years, Microsoft dropped the ball in ease of refresh rate configuration, it's always hidden in an obscure tab of an obscure Adaptor Properties link. Go ahead, bang your head on desk. I know, it's ridiculous how Microsoft resets the refresh rate without letting you know, and without making it easy. Windows Search box has no entry for "Refresh Rate", but "Resolution" works.

Leaving helpless users to figure out how to change the damn refresh rate sometimes. A consortium of major websites (including us) needs to run an advocacy shaming advertising campaign to get Microsoft to fix this in the next release of Windows. Parody. "Your 144Hz monitor is running at 60Hz. You're Not Alone." with all these xkcd-style cartoons, with a petition addressed to Microsoft and a corresponding ticket-tracking page.

OK, this might not be your problem, but it's surprisingly common. Shockingly so.
So let's rule this out before we proceed further.

Next, make sure in monitor menus, "Instant Mode" is turned on, if your monitor has that option.
Misha1337 wrote:Yesterday I run out of ideas but I tried using blur reduction and to my surprise is eliminated some but not all my input lag but I saw a difference also it enhanced the image quality that I was suffering from (jagged lines with higher AMA) but the only drawback that the monitor is Soo dim atm. So my monitor is broken ? And why it's not working like before ?

I heard of the strobe utilities but idk how to use it cuz am afraid to broke the monitor
It's normal for blur reduction (strobing) to make monitors dimmer. Some monitors will have brighter strobing modes.
Strobe Utility won't break your monitor.

(though it might trigger temporary bugs in certain older firmware versions that probably isn't in your monitor. If bugs appear, just reset to old settings.)

But wait for Strobe Utility 2.1 which has a built-in TestUFO.

It's much more user friendly in figuring out how to adjust your BenQ/Zowie monitor and its configuration file has been updated to automatically detect all known strobed BenQ/Zowie monitors ever released (Every single model XL2411Z through XL2740 now works with Strobe Utility 2.1!)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!