After using the Probe Utility i can no longer go 144hz

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Dropqt

After using the Probe Utility i can no longer go 144hz

Post by Dropqt » 17 Apr 2018, 07:47

Hello, after downloading and installing the program my computer went wild. I can no longer go 144hz because my screen gets really pixelated and i am unable to see anything. I've tried uninstalling my drivers in safe mode and reinstalling them but it's still the same.
Please help me. I should add that i have Benq zowie 2411p that i JUST bought, and im using dvi cable. And every time i choose 144hz it says that my cable is broken. But before installing the program it worked just fine.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: After using the Probe Utility i can no longer go 144hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2018, 09:12

Did you use Strobe Utility only, or did you also install another tool called ToastyX CRU? There is an additional uninstall step for that other tool called "reset-all.exe"

Did you touch or move the cable while using the software? (If so, try jiggling the cable slightly). The event may be coincidential as the Strobe Utility (without CRU) is incapable of messing up Hz, but the process of touching the cables (in any troubleshooting) may have loosened a single DVI pin if you tried moving the cable.

Are you using a Dual-Link DVI cable on a Dual-Link DVI port?

Did you move the DVI cable back to the original ports? (If you switched ports)?

I alao highly recommend a different DVI cable if all else fails -- i

If none of the above works, can you list all the steps you did with Strobe Utility (including other settings, software you tried, any actions you did to the cable), in orthographical order, so I can determine what may have gone wrong. I am assuming you were trying to fiddle with the cables (e.g. moving it to a different port on video card) so try moving that back to original port,
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dropqt

Post by Dropqt » 17 Apr 2018, 09:20

As far as i know i've only installed it and opened it. After that i saw that it changed some settings because i had my monitor tab opened and it said that something was changed. I can't find any other store that has the cable right now.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2018, 11:06

Was it called "Strobe Utility" (ours)

And not called "Strobelight" (from http://www.monitortests.com)

There are multiple strobe utilities, just want to be sure you are running the Blur Busters one? (To be safe)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dropqt

Post by Dropqt » 17 Apr 2018, 11:15

Turns out it was the cable, it was faulty.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2018, 14:15

Dropqt wrote:Turns out it was the cable, it was faulty.
Glad it's all resolved. DVI cables and DVI ports can be quite temperamental, because they have so many pins that can go bad.

Incidentially, does Strobe Utility work now?