What's the absolute best setting for competitive XL2540

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Scribblex

What's the absolute best setting for competitive XL2540

Post by Scribblex » 20 Apr 2018, 01:22

First I'd like to thank everyone here for your experiences and your input regarding the 240hz monitors. I have been a member for only two days and learned a lot and because of you bought the XL2540. Sitting here looking at my screen I have been thinking of what's the best settings for competitive fps? I'm playing exclusively PUBG at a high level, what should my monitor settings be to start off? Black equlizer? Should I turn any of the other features? What about color correction? I'm totally clueless on what's best for spotting and stable playing.

mello

Re: What's the absolute best setting for competitive XL2540

Post by mello » 20 Apr 2018, 11:19

Scribblex wrote:I'm totally clueless on what's best for spotting and stable playing.
You might not like my answer, but the best thing is to have perfectly stable internet connection, without problems related to UDP packets and network congestion. Perfectly stable inet = perfect hit registration and correct model positioning, which is what matters the most in FPS games when you play online. You hardware and settings always come 2nd when we are talking about gaming via internet.
Scribblex wrote:First I'd like to thank everyone here for your experiences and your input regarding the 240hz monitors. I have been a member for only two days and learned a lot and because of you bought the XL2540. Sitting here looking at my screen I have been thinking of what's the best settings for competitive fps? I'm playing exclusively PUBG at a high level, what should my monitor settings be to start off? Black equlizer? Should I turn any of the other features? What about color correction?
Having 240Hz monitor is simply good enough, as far settings go its all matter of preference, which means that the best thing is what you and your eyes like the most. Try and experiment with different features and see whats best for you. There are no universal settings that are the best, because everyone has different needs, sensitivities to what you see on the screen, and play style.

Scribblex

Re: What's the absolute best setting for competitive XL2540

Post by Scribblex » 23 Apr 2018, 06:57

Thought there is a general idea what seems to be the best. But after having the monitor for the last three days I started tweaking it as much as I can. And I'm getting some progress, so it's all good