Noob Question Here but

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
yarr

Noob Question Here but

Post by yarr » 05 Jun 2018, 10:35

I recently upgraded to an BenQ XL2540 from a XL2720 and I stumbled upon the strobe utility on this site. It is telling me my monitor is compatible and to enable "Blur Reduction" I have looked everywhere in the monitors menu and for the life of me can not locate the option to enable/disable Blur Reduction. How am I missing it? What am I doing wrong? Out-of-Box the colors are a bit warm and soft for my taste so I went to google to see if I could find some more optimal settings. Anyway, Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Kind Regards,

yarr :oops:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Noob Question Here but

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Jun 2018, 11:11

yarr wrote:I recently upgraded to an BenQ XL2540 from a XL2720 and I stumbled upon the strobe utility on this site. It is telling me my monitor is compatible and to enable "Blur Reduction" I have looked everywhere in the monitors menu and for the life of me can not locate the option to enable/disable Blur Reduction. How am I missing it? What am I doing wrong? Out-of-Box the colors are a bit warm and soft for my taste so I went to google to see if I could find some more optimal settings. Anyway, Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
You have to enable/disable it in the Factory Menu.
Instructions: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2467

Also, Strobe Utility helps XL2720Z much more than the XL2540, surprised that you never used Strobe Utility while you had the XL2720Z...

Strobe Utility won't adjust colors (that has to be done via other adjustments).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

yarr

Post by yarr » 05 Jun 2018, 11:57

Thanks for the quick response! I plan on setting up both monitors once I can find a good mount for my desk, it's always nice to have a second monitor. I will make sure to run the app on that monitor as well. :) So far, i'm playing with the software whenever I align the aliens middle screen they seem to misaligned somewhere else. I have a feeling this will take a lot of patience or I'm doing it wrong hah!

yarr

Post by yarr » 05 Jun 2018, 12:01

I also wanted to note that I do not see Blur Reduction in the factory menu. Assuming that is the new blue menu that pops up top left of my screen when I tap '5'

yarr

Post by yarr » 05 Jun 2018, 12:10

My bad, I see my mistake. I was holding the second button from the left not the second button away from the power button. Now I have learned to enable both menus.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Jun 2018, 12:56

yarr wrote:Thanks for the quick response! I plan on setting up both monitors once I can find a good mount for my desk, it's always nice to have a second monitor. I will make sure to run the app on that monitor as well. :) So far, i'm playing with the software whenever I align the aliens middle screen they seem to misaligned somewhere else. I have a feeling this will take a lot of patience or I'm doing it wrong hah!
For strobe crosstalk tuning:

Higher Hz will be more challenging than lower Hz in Strobe Utility.

You will always have noticeable strobe crosstalk *somewhere* on the screen, and more unfixable at higher Hz

For 144Hz BenQ ZOWIE: Try 120Hz with a Large Vertical Total created in CRU.
For 240Hz BenQ ZOWIE: Try 144Hz with a Large Vertical Total created in CRU, or the 180Hz with a Large Vertical Total -- that should allow you to center the strobe crosstalk between refresh cycles.

If you desire good CRT-clarity blur reduction, use lots of Hertzroom (e.g. lower Hz on a high Hz monitor) combined with a Large Vertical Total, to get much more crisp for most of the entire surface of the screen.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!