MSTAR ISP rent/buy/sell/trade [upgrade BENQ to V2 firmware]

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
GitDat

Re: MSTAR ISP rent/buy/sell/trade [upgrade BENQ to V2 firmwa

Post by GitDat » 19 Mar 2014, 07:48

LogicElite wrote:I currently own a kit. The kit will be available for rent or sell once the monitor will be updated :) (i'm in Canada)

Here a picture:
I hope I've still got dibs! ;)
Cougar Conquer 2 | MSI Meg Z390 Godlike | 9900K | NZXT Kraken X72 | 32GB TridentZ RGB 3600MHz | RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD RAID-0 | Corsair AX860 | 3DMark Port Royal - 14204 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Triple 32" Samsung CHG70 | Samsung CHG90 Super-Ultrawide Auxiliary

LogicElite

Post by LogicElite » 19 Mar 2014, 11:35

GitDat wrote:
LogicElite wrote:I currently own a kit. The kit will be available for rent or sell once the monitor will be updated :) (i'm in Canada)

Here a picture:[/url]
I hope I've still got dibs! ;)
GitDat ? You'll keep Bieber ?

The monitor is now flashed !! and the utility is just AWESOME !! Guys, chief deserve some contribution for his hard work (he posted his procedure at 2AM this morning! Come on :)

GitDat, PM me and we'll find a arrangement :)

masterotaku

Post by masterotaku » 19 Mar 2014, 12:37

LogicElite wrote: The monitor is now flashed !! and the utility is just AWESOME !!
Great! Does the crosstalk adjustement also mask the overdrive artifacts (coronas, etc)? That's the other thing that bothers me, apart from the double image of the V1 firmware.

My MSTAR unit was sent on Monday. Two days have passed and it's still "shipping to warehouse". I'm getting impatient :lol: . How much time was it for you? I hope those "7-12 days" are for the complete process, and not only shipment from the warehouse to my country.
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws Z 3866MHz CL19
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming M5 Z270
Monitor: Asus PG278QR

GitDat

Post by GitDat » 19 Mar 2014, 13:20

masterotaku wrote:
LogicElite wrote: The monitor is now flashed !! and the utility is just AWESOME !!
Great! Does the crosstalk adjustement also mask the overdrive artifacts (coronas, etc)? That's the other thing that bothers me, apart from the double image of the V1 firmware.

My MSTAR unit was sent on Monday. Two days have passed and it's still "shipping to warehouse". I'm getting impatient :lol: . How much time was it for you? I hope those "7-12 days" are for the complete process, and not only shipment from the warehouse to my country.
Haha :lol: The USA is stuck with Bieber now since we lost the hockey game. I do like Furious Pete from Canada though, lol.

PM on the way! Thanks :D
Cougar Conquer 2 | MSI Meg Z390 Godlike | 9900K | NZXT Kraken X72 | 32GB TridentZ RGB 3600MHz | RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD RAID-0 | Corsair AX860 | 3DMark Port Royal - 14204 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Triple 32" Samsung CHG70 | Samsung CHG90 Super-Ultrawide Auxiliary

LogicElite

Post by LogicElite » 19 Mar 2014, 14:25

masterotaku wrote:

About the artifact I didn't have the time to test it.

As for the shipping, the unit was ordered by the end of January and I just received the unit last week. I guess the vendor was celebrating the new chinese year a bit harder than other vendor (he shipped the item on February 28th..) :) The one I have ordered was on aliexpress and is blue and seems to only work with the DVI (don't know why). Here the link : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shi ... 79577.html

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Mar 2014, 23:12

We found that this one works too (LogicElite, you used the DVI connection method, I believe). BENQ currently uses the same one as this MSTAR ISP from cart100 (the one in the V2 firmware upgrade HOWTO), and that is an official MSTAR unit, so I feel more comfortable recommending that specific one.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Johnny_R

Post by Johnny_R » 21 Mar 2014, 10:30

Would purchase a unit in Germany. Is it still for sale by someone? Otherwise I'll buy from cart100 :)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Mar 2014, 10:35

Johnny_R wrote:Would purchase a unit in Germany. Is it still for sale by someone? Otherwise I'll buy from cart100 :)
As far as I know -- kuschluk hasn't finished upgrading yet (I don't think). So when he's done with his V2 upgrade, I'm sure he still has it available for sale.
kuschluk wrote:I am in Germany - Deutschland / Rheinland-Pfalz - kann das Teil abgeben nach erfolgreichem flash ~ 62€ incl. Porto Deutschlandweit. Hab beim chinesen 67$ gezahlt.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Godimas

Post by Godimas » 21 Mar 2014, 18:50

GitDat wrote:
masterotaku wrote:

Haha :lol: The USA is stuck with Bieber now since we lost the hockey game. I do like Furious Pete from Canada though, lol.

PM on the way! Thanks :D

Mind if I use this little bit of magic once you are done with it Gitdat?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Mar 2014, 19:31

thizito wrote:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shi ... 79577.html
chief this tool is the same ?
The aliexpress tool was what LogicElite used, and it works:
-- If you upgrade your monitor in Standby Mode
-- Configure Service Menu, "DVI HPD" to "On"
-- Use DVI instead of VGA

There was problems using VGA on this, but it worked via DVI.